Breaking News
Investing Pro 0
🚨 Our Pro Data Reveals the True Winner of Earnings Season Access Data

EUR/USD Rebounds From 3-Day Lows Despite Market Worries

By Alex BoltyanCurrenciesDec 07, 2022 02:45PM ET
www.investing.com/analysis/eurusd-rebounds-from-3day-lows-despite-market-worries-200633248
EUR/USD Rebounds From 3-Day Lows Despite Market Worries
By Alex Boltyan   |  Dec 07, 2022 02:45PM ET
Saved. See Saved Items.
This article has already been saved in your Saved Items
 
 
EUR/USD
-0.73%
Add to/Remove from Watchlist
Add to Watchlist
Add Position

Position added successfully to:

Please name your holdings portfolio
 

After two consecutive daily drops, the EUR/USD pair advanced on Wednesday, regaining the 1.0500 mark following supportive Eurozone data. However, the pair pulled back during the New York session as market sentiment deteriorated after Russian President Vladimir Putin said the threat of nuclear war is on the rise.

At the time of writing, the EUR/USD pair is trading at the 1.0520 area, 0.54% above its opening price, while the dollar, measured by the US dollar index (DXY), posts a 0.50% daily loss at around 105.05.
 
The Euro Zone Gross Domestic Product came in better than anticipated in the third quarter, rising 0.3% QoQ, above the market consensus of a 0.2% increase. The annualized GDP growth was 2.3%, above the 2.1% expected.
 
Investors' focus remains on next week's FOMC interest rate decision. The WIRP tool suggests that investors favor a 50 bps hike as they are betting on 77% probabilities versus 23% chances of a 75 bps increase. However, the November CPI report could affect expectations when it is released next week.

 

EURUSD Daily Chart
EURUSD Daily Chart

From a technical perspective, the EUR/USD maintains a short-term bullish bias, according to indicators on the weekly and daily charts. At the same time, the EUR/USD pair trades above its main daily moving averages as the 20- and 200-day SMAs completed a bullish crossover.
 
On the upside, the EUR/USD's next resistance level could be found at 1.0600, followed by the 1.0700 mark. On the flip side, short-term supports are seen at the 1.0400 level, and the mentioned SMAs crossover at the 1.0380-60 zone. A break below this level could add bearish pressure, exposing the 1.0300 area.

EUR/USD Rebounds From 3-Day Lows Despite Market Worries
 

Related Articles

Al Brooks
EUR/USD Testing 1100 Big Round Number By Al Brooks - Feb 02, 2023

Yesterday was a strong bull close for the bulls. However, it is climactic and likely to lead to exhaustion and sideways trading than much more up. The market reached 1.1000, a big...

Scott Barkley
USD/JPY: Range Bottom in Sight By Scott Barkley - Feb 02, 2023

Bearish: USD/JPY is currently at 128.21 in a range and a breakout of the Triangle.  We are looking for a continuation to the 1.000 Fibo at 127.44 area with a further target of the...

EUR/USD Rebounds From 3-Day Lows Despite Market Worries

Add a Comment

Comment Guidelines

We encourage you to use comments to engage with other users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:  

  •            Enrich the conversation, don’t trash it.

  •           Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed. 

  •           Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically. Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user. Racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination will not be tolerated.

  • Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases. Comments that are written in all caps and contain excessive use of symbols will be removed.
  • NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and comments containing links will be removed. Phone numbers, email addresses, links to personal or business websites, Skype/Telegram/WhatsApp etc. addresses (including links to groups) will also be removed; self-promotional material or business-related solicitations or PR (ie, contact me for signals/advice etc.), and/or any other comment that contains personal contact specifcs or advertising will be removed as well. In addition, any of the above-mentioned violations may result in suspension of your account.
  • Doxxing. We do not allow any sharing of private or personal contact or other information about any individual or organization. This will result in immediate suspension of the commentor and his or her account.
  • Don’t monopolize the conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also strongly believe in giving everyone a chance to air their point of view. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
  • Only English comments will be allowed.
  • Any comment you publish, together with your investing.com profile, will be public on investing.com and may be indexed and available through third party search engines, such as Google.

Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.

Write your thoughts here
 
Are you sure you want to delete this chart?
 
Post
Post also to:
 
Replace the attached chart with a new chart ?
1000
Your ability to comment is currently suspended due to negative user reports. Your status will be reviewed by our moderators.
Please wait a minute before you try to comment again.
Thanks for your comment. Please note that all comments are pending until approved by our moderators. It may therefore take some time before it appears on our website.
 
Are you sure you want to delete this chart?
 
Post
 
Replace the attached chart with a new chart ?
1000
Your ability to comment is currently suspended due to negative user reports. Your status will be reviewed by our moderators.
Please wait a minute before you try to comment again.
Add Chart to Comment
Confirm Block

Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?

By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.

%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List

Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.

Report this comment

I feel that this comment is:

Comment flagged

Thank You!

Your report has been sent to our moderators for review
Continue with Google
or
Sign up with Email