Founded by Thomas Petterfy, Interactive Brokers has grown to become a huge securities firm with over $10.4 billion in equity capital. As of July of 2022, Interactive Brokers works with nearly two million active clients. It has over forty years of experience in the industry, and this award-winning broker provides many great features that both new and professional traders will appreciate.
This broker conducts business in over 150 market destinations around the world, and it and its affiliates execute more than two million trades every day. Clients from over 200 countries and territories can trade stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, funds, crypto and more from a single unified platform. Clients can fund their account in 24 currencies and have access to low commissions and advanced trading technology. Listed below are some of the awards that Interactive Brokers has won:
- 2022 Barron’s Awards: Rated #1 “Best Online Broker,” 5 out of 5 stars
- 2022 Investopedia Awards: Rated 4.6 out of 5 stars overall, “Best Broker for International Trading” and “Best Online Broker for Advanced Traders”
- 2022 ForexBrokers.com Awards: Rated 5 out of 5 stars overall, 5 out of 5 stars for commissions & fees, 5 out of 5 stars for offering of investments, #1 for offering of investments, #1 for innovation, and #1 for institutional clients
- 2022 StockBrokers.com Awards: Rated 5 out of 5 stars for offering of investments, 5 out of 5 stars for research, #1 for professional tools, #1 for futures trading, #1 for offering of investments, #1 for international trading
- 2021 Preqin Service Provider Awards: Rated “Top Hedge Fund Prime Broker” and “Top Hedge Fund Custodian”