Investing.com - Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
• Alibaba (NYSE:BABA) stock rose 1.99% as co-founder Jack Ma stepped away from his promise to create 1 million U.S. jobs, saying it was an impossible feat due to the trade war between the world’s two largest economies.
• Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock gained 0.39% as Bloomberg reported that the company was considering opening as many as 3,000 of its new cashierless stores AmazonGo over the next few years.
• Fox (NASDAQ:FOX) stock and Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) stock may see some movement during the regular session as the UK Takeover Panel said they would enter a three-round auction on Saturday to decide who would acquire the British broadcaster Sky (OTC:SKYAY).
• Darden Restaurants (NYSE:DRI) stock jumped 4.33% after reporting better-than-expected quarterly results and raising its full-year guidance.
• Thor Industries (NYSE:THO) sank 11.02% as quarterly earnings per share missed consensus.
• Cronos Group (NASDAQ:CRON) stock jumped 3.94% after the company announced that it had partnered up with Aleafia Health to begin a study on the usage of medical cannabis to improve the management and treatment of insomnia and daytime sleepiness.
• Adverum Biotechnologies Inc (NASDAQ:ADVM) soared 7.52% after the company announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration granted a “Fast Track designation” to one of its treatments for wet age-related macular degeneration.
Add a Comment
Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?
By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.
%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List
Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.