Investing.com - Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
· Shares of Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) were down 2.4% as of 7:40AM ET (1140GMT), as the technology sector looked set to extend yesterday's steep losses. Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) slid 2.6%. Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) also fell more than 1.5% each.
· Square (NYSE:SQ) stock plunged 10.6% following news that CFO Sarah Friar is stepping down. Friar will stay at the company until December before departing to become CEO of Nextdoor, a localized social network for neighborhoods.
· Fluor Corporation (NYSE:FLR) shares sank 15.5% after the construction company reported preliminary third-quarter earnings that missed analysts' expectations. Fluor will release final third-quarter earnings numbers on Nov. 1.
· Shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) slumped 2.5%, after the drug store chain beat fiscal fourth-quarter profit expectations but fell short on sales.
· Shares of Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) rose 2% after the No.2 U.S. airline reported a third-quarter profit that beat analysts' estimates and forecast total unit revenue, a closely watched performance metric, to increase between 3%-and-5% in the fourth quarter.
· Compugen (NASDAQ:CGEN) shares soared 20% after Bristol-Myers Squibb said it will make a $12 million equity investment as part of a collaboration on a cancer treatment.
Add a Comment
Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?
By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.
%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List
Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.