© Reuters. Amazon plans new Mexico warehouse
- Amazon (NASDAQ:) plans to open a 1M square-foot warehouse in Mexico, per Reuters.
- Building will complete next year for the warehouse, which will be located near Mexico City.
- Mexico is home to about 120M potential Amazon customers and the new building will triple the company’s distribution space in the country.
- The move comes amid NAFTA talks that Amazon hopes will lead to the U.S. raising the value limit on duty-free imports above the $50 currently allowed for online purchases.
- Previously: Loop Capital initiates Amazon at Buy (Sept. 13)
- Now read: Amazon: What Is Missing?