Karl Kessler

Joined: 12/02/21

Comments by Karl Kessler
S&P 500 Futures Sep 16, 2021 9:02AM ET
Delicious, hardwood smoked.
S&P 500 Futures Sep 01, 2021 8:21AM ET
Yes, our current system seems pretty good at passing divisive laws on social issues, but as far as bigger economic issues go, things aren't really open for debate. Yes, our current system seems pretty good at passing divisive laws on social issues, but as far as bigger economic issues go, things aren't really open for debate.
S&P 500 Futures Sep 01, 2021 8:00AM ET
Yes, investments in new energy, but also divestment in old energy. Trouble is, everything is still powered by fossil fuels which are peaking, and with everyone's money in index funds which don't discriminate, every dollar printed goes 9/10 into things that make the problem worse. Yes, investments in new energy, but also divestment in old energy. Trouble is, everything is still powered by fossil fuels which are peaking, and with everyone's money in index funds which don't discriminate, every dollar printed goes 9/10 into things that make the problem worse.
S&P 500 Futures Sep 01, 2021 7:29AM ET
Assuming climate change is real, stimulating growth is exactly the wrong move, from a global macro perspective. Saving is what is needed, and the Fed, for some insane reason, is disincentivizing it. The Fed better watch out, when you can use crypto at the grocery store their goose is cooked.
Wall Street Opens Mixed After GDP, George Comments; Dow up 50 Pts Aug 26, 2021 10:09AM ET
Yes, he tried to get off the lion in the summer of 2019, raising rates to 2.5% before having to jump right back on. Do you think he will be strong enough to dismount and fight inflation if need be? I have my doubts.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 06, 2021 1:21PM ET
I price my labor in dollars. As such, with every dollar it prints, the Fed is saying that my work is worth the same as a lazy keystroke on a keyboard. As such, it has completely taken away my incentive to work. I don't think I am alone in feeling this way.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 8:36AM ET
yeah! yeah!
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 8:33AM ET
Yeah, more like waterworks ;)
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 8:29AM ET
Why you no learn grammar?
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 8:04AM ET
In all seriousness, Corona and our "just in time" globalized logistics are intimately related.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 8:02AM ET
Humanity is turning into a giant, mecha-tronic, BLACK SWAN!
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 7:47AM ET
Yes, I know that he doesn't think this pandemic was a black swan. (In fact, it was a pandemic, and not a bird at all, hahaha). I'm from the US. Yes, I know that he doesn't think this pandemic was a black swan. (In fact, it was a pandemic, and not a bird at all, hahaha). I'm from the US.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 05, 2021 7:25AM ET
Taleb says the Coronavirus was white swan because you expect it. I think it's up for debate. Yes, there are viruses, but we don't expect them to do the kind of damage this one did. In that sense, it was unexpected. And, many of the things that are considered black swans, such as the GFC WERE expected (ask Michael Bury). Is there something really deep and important about the concept that markets and responses are unpredictable?
After months of work, U.S. senators unveil $1 trillion infrastructure bill Aug 01, 2021 2:33PM ET
Infrastructure spending is a necessary evil. Paying for it with taxes might be a more honest way of going about it.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 01, 2021 12:45PM ET
I wonder. Every time someone gets infected, there is a chance of a mutation, and each mutation has unique properties. I wonder. Every time someone gets infected, there is a chance of a mutation, and each mutation has unique properties.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 01, 2021 7:30AM ET
James Simons, look up "incubation period". You might find it food for thought!
S&P 500 Futures Aug 01, 2021 7:13AM ET
With the Delta variant in circulation, all the people finding new homes could get sick, and spread sickness.
S&P 500 Futures Jul 29, 2021 11:11AM ET
What happens when you're the only one who feeds a dog, and you have run out of snacks? Jay Powell is going to be in a position to put the economy down like a mangy dog. Can he do it? Or will he try to feed us with "digital gold"?
S&P 500 Futures Jul 28, 2021 8:20AM ET
Oh, so you want to be tight? Or is that what you like in women? Hahaha. Funny stuff. Oh, so you want to be tight? Or is that what you like in women? Hahaha. Funny stuff.
S&P 500 Futures Jul 28, 2021 8:17AM ET
One could very carefully craft their market insights and still be wrong. And if they were right, you still might not believe them, good grammar or no. Right?
S&P 500 Futures Jul 27, 2021 5:08PM ET
So how is the Fed going to break it to everyone?
S&P 500 Futures Jul 27, 2021 2:25PM ET
This Fed meeting is probably pretty intense.
TAL Education, Tencent Music, Lockheed Fall Premarket; Hasbro Rises Jul 26, 2021 9:27AM ET
I wonder how Lockheed is doing with it's fusion project.
S&P 500 Futures Jul 23, 2021 3:57PM ET
I'm in that field. I wouldn't hold my breath on single payer. You wouldn't believe the opposition, from "the left" no less. I'm in that field. I wouldn't hold my breath on single payer. You wouldn't believe the opposition, from "the left" no less.
S&P 500 Futures Jul 23, 2021 3:54PM ET
I don't know about y'all, but i need to know I am working toward something that isn't going to collapse in twisted pile of rotten garbage. I don't know about y'all, but i need to know I am working toward something that isn't going to collapse in twisted pile of rotten garbage.