Rob Banks

Joined: 01/09/20

Comments by Rob Banks
A Brexit trade deal at last: EU and UK clinch narrow accord Dec 24, 2020 10:21AM ET
liquidity is sparse below
Majority of U.S. House votes to pass COVID aid, government funding bill Dec 22, 2020 3:54AM ET
It's about time. I thought America shod have been the first to do that.
U.S. Futures Mixed; Consolidation Ahead of Data Deluge, Holiday Nov 25, 2020 8:01AM ET
the FX market loves this stuff. bang bang goes the wonderful volatility that is making good traders richer.
U.S. Futures Mixed; Consolidation Ahead of Data Deluge, Holiday Nov 25, 2020 8:00AM ET
it will only get worse on paper.
Comic: Stock Market Weighs Soaring COVID-19 Cases, Progress On Vaccines Nov 21, 2020 3:44PM ET
the bulls, or just cattle?
Watch Now: Here's What Will Move Markets This Week - November 8 (Video) Nov 08, 2020 12:09PM ET
Pretty crazy how no matter where I go to look at comments, I only see people who didn't vote for Biden. Maybe we'll see a different result after a recount.
Comic: Presidential Election, Covid-19 Surge To Fuel Volatility In The Week Ahead Oct 31, 2020 9:56AM ET
I still don't understand why the election creates turbulence in the FX market. I understand how it does with the stock market because it seems to be based on sentiment but what is it about the election that causes volatility in FX?
Oil Ends Down 5%, Below $40, on US Crude Stocks, Virus Surge Oct 28, 2020 11:50AM ET
Does this mean USD will go up or down? Or does this l have no effect on the value of the currency?
Gilead's Covid-19 Drug Wins Full FDA Approval Oct 22, 2020 4:45PM ET
I suppose it was just overlooked. lots of companies do well in business and poorly in the stock market and the opposite can be said as well. Stocks are silly to me. It's a mixture of fundamentals, technicals, and sentiment. Mainly sentiment I think because of what I said in the first sentence. I stick with FX because it's technically driven. Sure there are sentiment drivers at times but in between it's all technical, and that's why I don't swing trade. A sudden vaccine developed in the US or something of that magnitude can sway things quickly.
Chart Of The Day: U.S. Dollar Moves Into Outright Bearish Pattern Oct 21, 2020 11:28AM ET
agreed. I wouldn't get short until we've broken through that liquidity and come up for a retest. If anything a long position would be better than a short right now.
Chart Of The Day: U.S. Dollar Moves Into Outright Bearish Pattern Oct 21, 2020 11:24AM ET
This analysis is so amateur. I'm shocked at your reasoning. H&S? Seriously?
Election Debate, Virus Deaths and Fed Speakers: What's up in Markets on Tuesday Sep 29, 2020 6:48AM ET
buy gold when it's getting more expensive. smart.
Economic Calendar - Top 5 Things to Watch This Week Sep 13, 2020 10:08AM ET