Jay West

Joined: 08/04/20

Comments by Jay West
S&P 500 Mar 26, 2021 1:52PM ET
Lol
Palantir Mar 26, 2021 12:49PM ET
My main point is that this is a great growth stock. Super potential. When hedge funds pumped it to the 40s, many got a taste of profit, but did not sell. 40s may not happen for a while. Or, great news could come out and rockef this to $40 in one day like what happened recently with UPST. Right now PLTR is consolidating. It could break high or low. Most people already have a position that they will continue to hold. I would not add to a position at this point. If you see great potential, get confirmation of a trend reversal. This has been bearish for last 10 days. $24 would be a sign of strength. In the 20-23 range, hedge funds are repositioning themselves by distributing shares before a leg down or buying shares for the next leg up. Long term no difference if you buy at 18 or 24 if you believe it will have outsized growth. If you are starting a new position, hedge by buying 1/3 of your position, waiting for confirmation of trend, buying another 1/3, then averaging down or up aftef that
Palantir Mar 26, 2021 12:38PM ET
Speculators both long and short. This is where you hold if you bought below 20. Definitely not add at this level. Wait for confirmation of trend reversal to the upside. Corporate tax increases will crush small tech. So will spiking bond yields. Algorithms factor this in to P/E ratios. Retail can choose whether to bet on certain companies at whatever price level (and PE ratio). Institutions are not permitted such. Certainly hedge funds can pump or dump if they see possible outsized growth, but they will also limit their buying on high PE ratio tickers. In a bull market, there are more chips on the table. Institutions and HF have more profits from retail to throw around. Figure a 7% tax increase(on lower end of 7-14% proposed) combined with a 1% increase in interest rates(10year bond yield) and you get 8% cut to the top line( gross revenue). This is without compounding and extrapolating the true cuts in revenue( invest 10 get 11 or 12 back). Just a little perspective.
Skillz Platform Mar 26, 2021 12:16PM ET
Unfortunately does not mean a thing. It might get the Cathie Woods pump, but market is correcting. Small tech will continue to get smashed the most.
PayPal Holdings Inc Mar 26, 2021 12:13PM ET
I believe the market(S&P) is correcting. Notice PYPL has also not been trending that well with the NQ(which is in correction). I know that Ebay now encourages customers to use credit or debit cards, rather than PYPL. My wife sells a lot of products online(about 25k a year) so I know PYPL will take a hit from this. With all that said and the bond yields continually spiking up and Biden promising to increase corporate taxes to pay for endless spending, I see this dropping to $200 within a month. Fact is it broke through 220 like butter a few weeks back. Those who believe crypto will moon this are overrating crypto. Look at TSLA. Not exactly a correlation. I recently liquidated my portfolio. I had 200 shares of PYPL. Took a loss of 3k. Was not fun. I am a buy and hold kind of guy, but I just see big and small tech really getting smashed. Had to preserve my capital. But just my 2 cents. I never short, too risky. But I am ready to go long when market sorts itself. Waiting for 3600-3650 S&P.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 11:45AM ET
Continuation of yesterdays bull trap. Corporate tax increase implementation and spiked bond yields from SLR next week should do the trick.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 11:43AM ET
his calls are 50/50. I heard people praising, but very spotty calls. Should be taken with a grain of salt. his calls are 50/50. I heard people praising, but very spotty calls. Should be taken with a grain of salt.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 11:41AM ET
Looks like it may close around 3900. NQ dropping. Market super wobbly. Retail is waking up. Next week should be a nice shade of burgundy.
First Majestic Silver Mar 26, 2021 11:38AM ET
i am telling you. It is not time to go long yet. I do not short. I was long for last 2 months. They will chop your position down fast. Certainly less risk at this price, but if and when market corrects, this could easily see . It does not follow price of silver. Just beware. And keep in mind, spot silver is being shorted heavily by JPM. i am telling you. It is not time to go long yet. I do not short. I was long for last 2 months. They will chop your position down fast. Certainly less risk at this price, but if and when market corrects, this could easily see $12. It does not follow price of silver. Just beware. And keep in mind, spot silver is being shorted heavily by JPM.
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 8:06AM ET
Lol. U r funny to say the least.
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 8:05AM ET
Seriously?! Biden pump? You dont think these elites want lower tech prices? They will continue selling to the common man and come back later to buy them. Dont be greedy. Cash out. Writing is on the walls.
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 7:59AM ET
10 year still ripping up
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 7:56AM ET
Small tech caps will continue to be crushed. I got out Monday. Too risky.
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 7:54AM ET
You know he will. Has no choice. He already announced it. You must not be from the US?
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 7:52AM ET
Coming down?! What? .004?!
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 7:31AM ET
why short miners? I noticed they have been trending down last 2 monthswhy short miners? I noticed they have been trending down last 2 months
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 7:30AM ET
What is correlation between gold and NQ? Tech better with inflation you are implying?
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 12:36AM ET
Dip buying bulls will be wrecked, not rewarded, tomorrow.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 12:26AM ET
How many bulls in here are uncomfortable with their leverage for tomorrow? I bet most are unhedged.
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 12:21AM ET
Gamblers hoping for s bounce becsuse they keep buying the dip in options and are now extremely overleveraged. They need a bounce or will easily lose 5-7k minimum
Nasdaq 100 Futures Mar 26, 2021 12:17AM ET
All in cash since Monday. My small tech portfolio was getting crushed. Once corporate tax rates implemented, NQ will go up in flames. Higher pe ratios and higher taxes dont mix. They will naturally have to come down just to keep the same ratios. Otherwise stretch ratios even more?! No brainer.
U.S. 10Y Mar 26, 2021 12:00AM ET
If anything banks will be selling bonds to increase capital reserves. This would raise the yields. Dollar will also strengthen. Market should further capitulate. If not tomorrow, early next week. Banks have until 3/31 to sell bonds.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 25, 2021 11:40PM ET
They will have to sell bonds which puts upward pressure on yields. The effect is tightening of the money supply. Less money—> higher interest rates. Not bullish at all.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 25, 2021 11:39PM ET
Slr expiration is bearish as f.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 25, 2021 10:36PM ET