Jay West

Joined: 08/04/20

Comments by Jay West
Large block trades that caused selling raises questions about cause Mar 27, 2021 3:33PM ET
Small tech will continue to be crushed. I will patiently wait as they might try to pump them for a few more days. Went to cash last monday. Will buy back small tech growth stocks when the time is right. Thinking in late April/May.
Large block trades that caused selling raises questions about cause Mar 27, 2021 3:29PM ET
I agree, but I think the blo/woff top occured this past week. Bulltrap opened two weeks ago. I believe it is closing now. Stocks should continue downtrend from here on out.
Palantir Mar 27, 2021 12:39PM ET
I cannot stand meaningless scare tactics or bullying in these forums. However I do have a passion for trading and the market. I am not a cheerleader. But I thoroughly enjoy sharing constructive ideas and recent news or trends about different companies. So although I may sound bearish, one must not be overzealous in either direction, bear or bull. I may have a short term bearish narrative, but I am an absolute BULL on PLTR. So any comments I write should be taken in this perspective. I like to make calls and see how they play out, just like many others. I am here to make money as a bull, never a bear. Always LONG. NEVER SHORT. Anyway, best wishes to you. Lets make some money 🚀I cannot stand meaningless scare tactics or bullying in these forums. However I do have a passion for trading and the market. I am not a cheerleader. But I thoroughly enjoy sharing constructive ideas and recent news or trends about different companies. So although I may sound bearish, one must not be overzealous in either direction, bear or bull. I may have a short term bearish narrative, but I am an absolute BULL on PLTR. So any comments I write should be taken in this perspective. I like to make calls and see how they play out, just like many others. I am here to make money as a bull, never a bear. Always LONG. NEVER SHORT. Anyway, best wishes to you. Lets make some money 🚀
Palantir Mar 27, 2021 12:34PM ET
I am absolutely bullish on PLTR. If you look in my comments, I only point out the near term price action. I am very eager to get back in. I never short stocks, too risky, but the recent price action is quite bearish. Normally dont sell my positions, but small tech was getting smashed, not just PLTR. I sold my options between 23-23.50. So far it has been a wise decision. But again I am very eager to buy back in. Keep in mind, I am a swing trader. I am looking at prices within next month to execute my trades. I absolutely believe this will see 30-40 in the future. Just not right now. I would not be here if I thought PLTR did not have great potential. I am not a short seller. Any my call about that action on friday was accurate. Distribution happened at 22 and went down to 21.76. I am not a speculator, whatever you define that as. I would NEVER buy GME. By nature, all stock choices are speculation. Until they pop or drop, everyone has their thesis. Been doing this a while. I am absolutely bullish on PLTR. If you look in my comments, I only point out the near term price action. I am very eager to get back in. I never short stocks, too risky, but the recent price action is quite bearish. Normally dont sell my positions, but small tech was getting smashed, not just PLTR. I sold my options between 23-23.50. So far it has been a wise decision. But again I am very eager to buy back in. Keep in mind, I am a swing trader. I am looking at prices within next month to execute my trades. I absolutely believe this will see 30-40 in the future. Just not right now. I would not be here if I thought PLTR did not have great potential. I am not a short seller. Any my call about that action on friday was accurate. Distribution happened at 22 and went down to 21.76. I am not a speculator, whatever you define that as. I would NEVER buy GME. By nature, all stock choices are speculation. Until they pop or drop, everyone has their thesis. Been doing this a while.
Palantir Mar 27, 2021 12:25PM ET
All those guys have hidden agendas. People often say to do the opposite of Cramer. Did he say something negative about PLTR, small tech, or the market that you are referring to in your comment?
Bank of America Mar 27, 2021 12:21PM ET
One could argue the pump seems to show a blo/woff top. Others may see it as a way to eat up the bear positions from those shorting the indices. Everyone knows the market is heavily manipulated. It is a matter of being on the right side more than the wrong side. Short term weekly or daily price movements are much harder to call than the longer term. Fact of the matter is, the stock market goes up over time. As long as this stays intact, everyone should be fine. Traders often overtrade and lose money. Timing market is extremely hard. Better to create spreads as I mentioned below to take advantage of bullish trends and give yourself a downside hedge. Trying to daytrade will lose 90% of the time. Most people better of buying an S&P index fund(SWPPX) with majority of portfolio and holding forever, and playing with options on a very small level to learn their dynamics before jumping in too soon. Options can make or break you quickly. Any questions about options or anything, I’m here to help.
Bank of America Mar 27, 2021 12:11PM ET
Hamid: calling last weeks selloff to 37 in BAC was easy considering the context. Hedge funds often overplay news to push prices down or up temporarily. That great call was based on the SLR imposed by the Fed on banks. Previous good calls I made about when to short at the open were based on overhyped bond yield trends. So, to be fair, I have made good calls, but to call the Monday market action on a friday night is merely luck. So many dynamic variables that are changing over the weekend. One must follow precious metals, crude oil, dollar value, bond yields, and news of course to have any idea of the direction of the market or specific tickers. I put in a lot of time to my portfolio. I am not a coin flipper. With all that said, the narrative in the market now is bond yields(including SLR forcing banks to buy), corporate tax hikes in the pipeline, new infrastructure bill, lockdowns in EU ( specifically Germany). The curve ball was the last 15 minute pump in the S&P on friday.
Bank of America Mar 27, 2021 12:00PM ET
side note: I would never sell my portfolio all at once, but I was getting burned out. Putting a good 50 hours in a week. My account has been a rocket ship the last 4 months. I needed to dock it and take a mental break. Had a lot of small tech being smashed. And it is still below where I sold it, so no regrets yet. But I understand and agree with the buy and hold strategy. Also like to create monthly spreads and cash out when in velvet handcuffs. Extremely looking forward to learning from you. Reading up on elliott waves right now 😎side note: I would never sell my portfolio all at once, but I was getting burned out. Putting a good 50 hours in a week. My account has been a rocket ship the last 4 months. I needed to dock it and take a mental break. Had a lot of small tech being smashed. And it is still below where I sold it, so no regrets yet. But I understand and agree with the buy and hold strategy. Also like to create monthly spreads and cash out when in velvet handcuffs. Extremely looking forward to learning from you. Reading up on elliott waves right now 😎
Bank of America Mar 27, 2021 11:52AM ET
i have been doing something very similar. Buying deep in the money options, usually about 3-6 months out, and immediately selling calls against them anywhere from a week to a month out with a delta of .36. The short call that I sell serves as a hedge. However I make my decisions by following stocks and their ranges for quite some time and buying on dips that seem to be anomalies. No charts or technical analysis, rather observation. But I must say that I am very interested and excited to learn from you. Is it possible that I can give you my number to call or vice versa? I hope that you are serious. I understand our conversation started out with busting bal/lz, but I can assure you that I am a humble person ready to engage and learn from you. I also like to help people all the time. I have a vast and deep understanding of the market and options. Most people dont. Always ready to learn more also has a ton of experience and knowledge that exceeds mine. I appreciate you in advance.i have been doing something very similar. Buying deep in the money options, usually about 3-6 months out, and immediately selling calls against them anywhere from a week to a month out with a delta of .36. The short call that I sell serves as a hedge. However I make my decisions by following stocks and their ranges for quite some time and buying on dips that seem to be anomalies. No charts or technical analysis, rather observation. But I must say that I am very interested and excited to learn from you. Is it possible that I can give you my number to call or vice versa? I hope that you are serious. I understand our conversation started out with busting bal/lz, but I can assure you that I am a humble person ready to engage and learn from you. I also like to help people all the time. I have a vast and deep understanding of the market and options. Most people dont. Always ready to learn more also has a ton of experience and knowledge that exceeds mine. I appreciate you in advance.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 4:07PM ET
Fake rally. Smart money aint buying. HF just wanted to squeeze the bears. Their calls paid out nicely. Plummet next week to laugh in their faces. This is why I NEVER SHORT.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 4:05PM ET
Fake news. If they want it “unstuck,” then it will be. Probablyis not even stuck. MSM.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 3:59PM ET
F Biden.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 3:59PM ET
This is why I NEVER SHORT. Yowsa!
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 3:41PM ET
FOMO bull trap on STEROIDS!
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 3:38PM ET
Funny to watch them struggle to make Aapl finish flat.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 3:27PM ET
Fake news. Lol.
Apple Mar 26, 2021 3:24PM ET
Lol. Hope you are kidding.
Luminar Tech Mar 26, 2021 2:40PM ET
Retail is catching knives today. OUCH!
Palantir Mar 26, 2021 2:38PM ET
the increased volume during selling. Relative to the rest of the day, much higher. Not talking about total volume, which is irrelevant. Look at the volume under the red candles in the afternoon. See what I mean?the increased volume during selling. Relative to the rest of the day, much higher. Not talking about total volume, which is irrelevant. Look at the volume under the red candles in the afternoon. See what I mean?
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 2:34PM ET
I am with you 100%. Small tech is the clue. Writing is on the wall.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 2:33PM ET
Liquidating account on Monday before 4 deep red days—> priceless
American Airlines Mar 26, 2021 2:28PM ET
Sure. More debt. But bankruptcy?! Foolish comment. Extremely misinformed. You might pick up shares for 18-20 within the next month, but bankruptcy is out of the question. Too much government money pumped into this.
Palantir Mar 26, 2021 2:11PM ET
Action right now is called distribution. Sell volume up as they are selling to all retail that had buy orders set at 22. Should vontinue to dig deeper.
S&P 500 Futures Mar 26, 2021 2:06PM ET
Distribution time dip buyers! LOL!
Palantir Mar 26, 2021 2:02PM ET
Let me do you guys a favor: add PLUG LAZR WISH SKLZ QS to your watchlist. Organize them in same portion of your list. Look for outliers to see what trend they might be following. Trade accordingly. Seems many here have tunnel vision. Another tip: only buy on dips. Never chase a bull. Probability is much better on dips. If you trade options, buy a leap call on a dip and immediately sell the weekly or monthly call with a delta of .35 against it to hedge. Dont try to buy a call on a dip and wait for a small rebound before selling a call to hedge. Odds are against you.