Matt Cavagrotti

Joined: 25/03/20

Comments by Matt Cavagrotti
Oil Slips Lower Aug 02, 2021 12:01PM ET
Thanks Tim, energy does appear to be in the early stages of rolling back over. If XLE breaks 46 we should get a nice measured move to the downside off the head and shoulders pattern.
When Will Rising Interest Rates Become A Major Problem For The Stock Market? Jul 06, 2021 6:25AM ET
MMs are already openly talking about getting out by the end of the year, has indeed already begun
Saved By Hidden Support Apr 22, 2021 8:00AM ET
Thanks, very interesting.
March Jobs Report: Millions Still Missing Apr 12, 2021 8:32AM ET
Yikes
VIX Death: Lowest Levels Thus Far Apr 08, 2021 6:22AM ET
Yes, Tim, we have hit a milestone in the return to "normal" - perhaps even the last. Now is not the time to be bearish, except perhaps on individual stocks.
Summer Stock: Actual Ownership of U.S. Equities Is Surprising Apr 05, 2021 6:07AM ET
Tim, I closed out my puts last week, and hope you did too!
Signs Of Bearish Times Ahead Mar 28, 2021 11:37PM ET
Bank of America's target price for SPX by year-end is only 4000... One has to wonder why that is!
Do Bulls Own This Market Now? 6 Charts Say Otherwise Mar 18, 2021 4:20AM ET
Tim, I like your posts because I you are bearish about as frequently as I have been. That said, I have been wrong this year... A lot.
Volatility In The Stock Market Is Poised To Rise Sharply Mar 17, 2021 6:56AM ET
Technically speaking, you may be correct. But the fact remains that big tech still cannot catch a decent bid. Outside of semis, the charts look horrible. Seeing is believing.
Why Wednesday Is So Critical For This Rebound Mar 10, 2021 4:00AM ET
I will ****my pants
Watch Treasuries: When Up Is So Down Mar 04, 2021 3:18AM ET
Tim, even when you're wrong I like you.
With Reversal Happening, Let's Look At The Indexes Mar 01, 2021 7:25PM ET
Much appreciated, Tim!
Trillion Dollar Trendlines Feb 12, 2021 3:49AM ET
If these stocks break out of the pattern, it will constitute a price breakout or breakdown. Due to their market caps, this would probably bring the rest of the market up or down with it. I think Tim believes a breakdown is most likely, but he is waiting to see before he opens any new positions. You can use popular charting websites, like tradingview.com, to draw and monitor these trendlines yourself. Good luck, mate.
StockBeat: Tesla's Foray Into Bitcoin Raises Red Flags, Both Old and New Feb 09, 2021 8:47AM ET
Try shorting both, let us know how it works out.
GameStop Jumps 63% in After Market, to $243 and Counting Jan 26, 2021 5:43PM ET
Think it's funny everyone mad at retail investors over this. What about the institutional shorts who got way out over their skiis trying to bankrupt a struggling company? You reap what you sow
Chart Of The Day: Intel Setting Up For Another Powerful Surge Jan 21, 2021 8:49PM ET
Man, what a fakeout. ER leaked just before close, huge beat, stock rips. Then gives it all back after hours, for seemingly no reason!
Turkey slaps ad ban on Twitter under new social media law Jan 19, 2021 4:30AM ET
Well you know, that's fine, but I hope you understand the only thing standing between private industry and a resurgence of a huge and militant organized labor movement that lashes out at and tears down private industry is government regulation. So if you are okay with mass strikes and industrial sabotage then sure, let's go for it
Turkey slaps ad ban on Twitter under new social media law Jan 19, 2021 4:24AM ET
Welcome to the Gilded Age
Chart Of The Day: Here's Why Zoom Video Just Became A Bullish Bet Jan 18, 2021 10:29AM ET
Don't forget about the double bottom at $337 too - that should have been everyone's cue to go long with a tight stop!
U.S. lawmakers back $15 billion in airline payroll assistance Dec 21, 2020 1:06AM ET
I presume they're expecting a significant amount of demand to return in that time.
U.S. lawmakers back $15 billion in airline payroll assistance Dec 21, 2020 1:02AM ET
We bailed out banks for bad behavior in 2009, why not airlines for misfortune in 2020?
Chart Of The Day: Rare Technical Pattern Warns Amazon Sell-Off May Be Near Dec 16, 2020 6:15PM ET
I see a lot of folks scoffing that this didn't pan out like you'd expected, but I had never heard of this particular technical pattern before, so I'd just like to thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Chart Of The Day: Rare Technical Pattern Warns Amazon Sell-Off May Be Near Dec 16, 2020 12:42PM ET
Great - I had just opened up some AMZN call spreads this morning prior to reading this, so your article is scaring the *******out of me.
Panic buying of toilet paper hits U.S. stores again with new pandemic restrictions Nov 22, 2020 9:38AM ET
To comfort themselves psychologically.
Chart Of The Day: Beyond Meat Shares Looking To Move Beyond $200 Nov 11, 2020 7:46AM ET
No joke. I got absolutely wrecked