Canis Lupus

Joined: 03/03/20

Comments by Canis Lupus
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 3:54PM ET
What the Fed did was magic for corporate America. The economy is the engine of the train. The market is the car it pulls. The Fed decoupled the car from the engine so that the engine can fall off the cliff while the car keeps going. Corporate America will win huge, regardless of ant effect but shutting down the economy. Unfortunately, the American people are the train conductor, and they are going down with the engine. But, it's really only the car that matters. The assumed importance and relevance if the conductor is the lie.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 3:07PM ET
The Fed out a floor in the stock market, not the economy. Because of that the Fed has successfully decoupled the two. Once the market responds to the economy again, then the bears probably win, but that's assuming the economy hadn't improved before then. Either way, right now economy means nothing, no matter how bad you paint it. In fact, now is the time to make it sound as bleak as possible. Then the news will sound better sooner. Say GDP will come in at -87%. Then when it comes in at -52% it looks like a good thing at suddenly the economy will matter again.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 2:59PM ET
Well, they are saying more deaths have been reported than in the Vietnam war, except those deaths are over and these continue. Was the Vietnam war death toll insignificant too?
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 2:54PM ET
I agree. in fact I'm confused because I'm reading reports from China saying the drug had no significant affect. Didn't this exact same thing just happen a week or so ago? Are these reports from today or from then because they look pretty identical.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 2:48PM ET
I'm curious. Forget bull or bear, though I know you won't. Do you guys really believe the Gilead news and that the timing of it with GDP was a coincidence, or are you just playing along with the game? Obviously, just playing along with the game is the correct thing to do. I'm just wondering who knows it's all a hoax and who is actually falling for it? Personally, I think the bears are 100% correct, but you have to play the game u til the game gets busted. So far, it hasn't got busted, so we play along.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 2:30PM ET
lol Joe Biden chooses Hillary Clinton as VP. Except I'm not sure if that's good or bad?
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 2:22PM ET
ok everyone, put your thinking caps on. Now that the Fed is over, it's time to play... "What news will be floated to hide jobless claims Thursday?"
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 2:05PM ET
Dui! That means correct in Chinese. We all better start learning it.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 1:49PM ET
yep. Even the big money knows this is all just silly, but it's hard to tell the truth when you're getting fat off the lie. Honestly, if I were one of the big boys swimming in all this cash I was making for myself, I can't say I'd tell the truth either. Winning changed people.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 1:35PM ET
I could only read the very beginning, but same exact think happened last time. It really doesn't matter if it's true. It will be passed off as Chinese propaganda.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 1:29PM ET
This is EXACTLY what December to March looked like. Nothing more than a one day pullback here and there, otherwise all up. You don't have to go back 12 years to see that history.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 1:26PM ET
July? Why July? if we close at 3000, which is very possible, then have four more days of this, which we've already had a month if, so what's 4 more day. We could be at ATH next week!
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:58PM ET
no, I'm not bitter. I'm trying to explain the market reality to those who think their reality really matters.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:56PM ET
"In a leaked report Joe *******Pharmaceuticals saw a guy on the street sneeze. They quickly gave him their preliminary COVID-19 drug and he didn't sneeze again!!!!!!!" The market goes up 7% on the news. That is your reality, not earnings or GDP or anything concerning the economy. like it or not, that's what it is.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:49PM ET
Now, the problem for the bears is, with Gilead making irresponsible announcements way before there is enough information to do so, it will force every biotech working in a cure to do the same in order to keep up. That will only send the market higher.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:40PM ET
exactly exactly
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:35PM ET
most likely bullish. They don't actually have to do anything. If the reaffirm that they will support the market with unlimited stimulus, the bull run will likely accelerate. The only way it's bad is if they acknowledge that their heavy hand and cash carpet bombing has completely peverted the market, and will stop adding stimulus until they can see if it's working. But, the rates are a higher percentage than that happening.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:29PM ET
There was a time when there were people on here very adamant about history and the DOW theory. I'm not so arrogant to say anyone is right or wrong because I really don't know, but unless we are talking science, like physics, a theory is just a fancy word for a guess.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 12:01PM ET
lol all I see is Fibonacci 61.3 retracement, or whatever it is. What happened to all the hooplah about Fibonacci 50% retracement. I'm standing firm at Fibonacci 100% retracement!
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 11:57AM ET
yep, and it's very noisy in here yep, and it's very noisy in here
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 11:36AM ET
10Y is back over 0.6. VIX is creeping back up, and dollar creeping up. All still bad to mixed for bears. Some if you may laugh at me for following these things, but they've helped keep me from making some bad decisions. Especially lately.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 10:30AM ET
What is TINA? FOMO is just retail chasing. All they do is give smart money cover so they can make their move without anyone noticing. FOMO is part of their plan.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 10:19AM ET
*it *it
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 10:19AM ET
I don't think multiples matter much. When companies pull guidance because they don't have a clue, how can you get a valuation on anything? I'm just trying to follow the money to see if the big money is using strength to sell into and retreat to safe havens, like dollars or bonds. I'm thinking they will move first selling into retail strength, then retail is left holding the bag. Right now,but almost looks like that's what's happening.
S&P 500 Apr 29, 2020 10:04AM ET
Ok, I said earlier I wasn't going to report, but I see something peculiar. I'm not saying this is a bull trap, but... MAGA is off the chains, the dollar index is falling, the VIX is falling and almost I. 20's. The bank index is in blast off mode. All that is devistation for bears. Yet, the 10Y is still falling below 0.6. That doesn't seem right.