Canis Lupus

Joined: 03/03/20

Comments by Canis Lupus
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 2:02PM ET
if you say so. go tell the bond market that.
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 1:48PM ET
I was being a little sarcastic. I'm sure they are party of this, but the big money isn't. I was being a little sarcastic. I'm sure they are party of this, but the big money isn't.
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 1:47PM ET
yes the VIX pulled back pretty good, but voletility is still high. it can jack back up just like it fell.
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 1:39PM ET
neither the 10Y or the dollar is participating in this. they still show flight to safety. It makes me think this is just the kids on Robinhood, not a real move.
S&P 500 May 13, 2020 5:18PM ET
yep. I don't follow gold much because it's not as reliable. but 10Y down and dollar up are also flight to safety moves.
S&P 500 May 13, 2020 4:26PM ET
10Y down a good bit and dollar index up. Add to that a bank index that dropped pretty significantly the last two days and the VIX headed up to 40ish. Other than that big bounce back at 2800, this looks like it could be the first legit pullback in this whole rally. I have suspected the previous ones were bear traps because those other things didn't confirm it. This time is starting to look like the real deal based on the confirmations.
S&P 500 May 12, 2020 12:56PM ET
does anyone know where to get a 52 week high list from a previous day?
Fed Says It Will Begin Purchasing Corporate-Debt ETFs on Tuesday May 11, 2020 9:23PM ET
Would you buy my debt while you're at it? You're buying everyone else's.
S&P 500 May 11, 2020 2:32PM ET
Essentially, the Fed didn't just step in to support the economy, they became the economy. GDP and jobless mean nothing at the moment. What the Fed says is what moves the market now. As long as the continue to say they will support the markets, the world is good and up is the path of least resistance.
S&P 500 May 08, 2020 9:55AM ET
The only way I see the bears winning is if the Fed does an emergency rate hike.
S&P 500 Futures May 08, 2020 12:44AM ET
Maybe, but the market says it isn't.
U.S. Initial Jobless Claims Total 3.17 Million in Latest Week May 07, 2020 8:53AM ET
What numbers are you supposed to believe? Lie or not, they are the numbers Wall Street will use because that's what its given. Unfortunately, the markets work on the honor system and there is no honor when there is money to be made and reputations to protect. Companies cook their books and manipulate EPS constantly, but no one really cares. Just plug it into your formula and do what you're told
S&P 500 Futures May 07, 2020 6:35AM ET
This is true, it's worth what the market says it's worth, not you or me. It goes both ways. You are not objective at all, your bias is to be long, so you are making an argument to fit that bias. You may think a company is undervalued now and many people think companies were way overvalued before all if this. Neither you or them are right, only the market is.
Asia stocks get China trade relief, U.S. bonds face debt deluge May 07, 2020 6:20AM ET
does it matter? they are the numbers given, so they are the numbers used to drive markets. They are true unless you can prove they are wrong.
Trump says could say in a week or two whether China adhering to trade deal May 06, 2020 6:51PM ET
who wants to bet in a week or two, if the market is looking bad, the Trump pump will be about a beautiful letter he got from Xi and how happy and excited they are to honor the trade deal.
Are Treasury Bonds Peaking At 25-Year Resistance? May 06, 2020 5:20PM ET
If that were true, wouldn't that mean equities are going to break to the upside? Typically, falling bond prices are bullish for equities, but this market is so messed now, I'm not sure of anything.
S&P 500 May 06, 2020 1:53PM ET
Based on the ADP news we should be getting crushed. But then, looking at the 10Y and the VIX, we should be in route to the moon. So, I don't know what to think. My best guess is, due to the fact, that economic news is basically irrelevant and the VIX and 10Y hasn't been wrong yet, I'd say we take off at some point. But in all honesty, I'm pretty clueless at this point and it could go one way just as easy as the other.
S&P 500 May 06, 2020 9:22AM ET
*bulls
S&P 500 May 06, 2020 9:21AM ET
I realize the Fed has manipulated the bond market, but the 10Y is up good right now, and looks ready to break out to the up side. Under normal circumstances that would mean the bears are toast and the build win again. I'm going with that assessment until following the 10Y proves me wrong, it hadn't yet despite the Fed manipulation.
S&P 500 Futures May 06, 2020 9:16AM ET
10Y is up big. I'm guessing that means the bulls own the day, week, month, year?
S&P 500 May 05, 2020 9:48AM ET
Bubble? It's only a bubble when it pops, otherwise its just a helium balloon, lighter than air.
S&P 500 May 05, 2020 9:35AM ET
Once again, 10Y is a good bit higher, and VIX is tanking. Once again, bears are in trouble early. I should just copy and paste this every day. No need to state the obvious.