Canis Lupus

Joined: 03/03/20

Comments by Canis Lupus
S&P 500 Futures Aug 19, 2020 8:52AM ET
or, I should say, bad earnings were irrelevant. As long as Wall Street perceives the Fed as saving corporate America, it will only go up. There will be the typical drawdowns, but the market won't roll over until the Fed raises rates. That could be a couple of years from now. Save the doom and gloom for then, you are prematurely ejaculating with it now.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 19, 2020 8:47AM ET
earnings might matter in the 3rd quarter, but they have been irrelevant the 1st 2.
S&P 500 Futures Aug 19, 2020 8:41AM ET
Amazon is not a tech stock. Just because you use a computer to access it doesn't make it tech. Amazon is a consumer cyclical. Just like Facebook isn't tech. It's communication. Also, they are growth stocks, P/E means nothing as long as Wall Street thinks it will continue to grow.
Adaptive Fibonacci Price Modeling System Suggests Market Peak May Be Near Aug 11, 2020 10:14PM ET
I will say a more significant pullback will probably happen in the coming months, but it will only be a huge buying opportunity. When you have all the liquidity provided by the FED AND, at the same time, a vaccine hits, which causes the real economy to come back. The market will F L Y. It will be like getting unemployment and still working full time. The market won't roll over for real until the FED starts raising rates, and that might not be for years from now.
Adaptive Fibonacci Price Modeling System Suggests Market Peak May Be Near Aug 11, 2020 10:08PM ET
Dude! Please. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself and it's getting hard to watch.
S&P 500 Jul 06, 2020 5:47PM ET
Everything you said is correct, but it may not burst for another 10 years. As wrong as it sounds and feels, you need to separate Wall Street from Main Street. Wall Street doesn't care about Main Street. Now that the Fed will hold it up, it doesn't need Main Street. Death rates, jobs, infections are all blah blah blah #WhoCares. There will be days and weeks of big pullbacks, and each will be a buying opportunity. Companies and people who are fortunate enough to be in the market have so much cash and access to cheap money, Main Street and the real economy are just MEH. The Fed is the new economy. This country is being led to a slaughter at some point. Businesses are almost being forced to take on debt. If the real economy doesn't improve to meet the level of the market and the Fed starts raising rates in years from now, then you will have your dooms day. But, in the meantime, ATH are probably inevitable. It's wrong, but as messed up as it is, you have to play the game if you want to win
Opening Bell: Futures, Stocks Up As Investors Reject Virus, Eye Economic Hopes Jun 17, 2020 8:34AM ET
ah, gotcha. If there is an economic V shaped recovery which is just starting while markets are at ATH, then we should go all time higher. it's crazy to think, but the market knows more than me.
Opening Bell: Futures, Stocks Up As Investors Reject Virus, Eye Economic Hopes Jun 17, 2020 7:55AM ET
I'm confused about this V shaped recovery thing. The market is pretty much back to where it was when we started this mess. So, either we already had a V shaped recovery, it it's too late to have one now. So, what does V shaped recovery mean? Or has that just become one of those catch phrases everyone uses, but no one really knows what it means?
Day Ahead: Top 3 Things to Watch for May 29 May 28, 2020 11:07PM ET
if you are a bull, isn't that what you want? gloom and doom means more chance if not stimulus which means more rally.
S&P 500 tops 3,000 on hopes of economic recovery, COVID-19 vaccine May 26, 2020 10:49PM ET
Well, in the eyes of the market it has.
S&P 500 tops 3,000 on hopes of economic recovery, COVID-19 vaccine May 26, 2020 12:49PM ET
There is no "hope" of economic recovery. The economy is already recovered.
There Will Be A ‘V’ Recovery…Sort Of May 26, 2020 2:52AM ET
the will not "be" a V recovery, there already "is" a V recovery
Predictive Modeling Suggests U.S. Markets 12% Overvalued May 26, 2020 2:44AM ET
Please, just stop. One day we may get a 10% pullback, but you will have missed a 30% run to get it. I'm not sure what you're predictive model is supposed to be predicting? Ok, I understand it may look past those smaller insignificant moves and not alert you to that. However, we are in the middle of making a historic move higher. what didn't it predict that?
S&P 500 May 22, 2020 1:05PM ET
I mean going up despite economic data being so bad. I agree MAGA is driving the entire market and Amazon in particular is thriving in this environment. The while market moving based on 4 companies is pretty fake outside of those 4 companies.
S&P 500 May 22, 2020 1:03PM ET
a few percent down to make higher lows a few percent down to make higher lows
S&P 500 May 22, 2020 12:57PM ET
Too much ego here. Everyone is so concerned with being right, it makes them wrong. I think most agree this is a hoax and the Fed didn't fix the economy, they became the economy. The only thing real about this market is that it's going up, and will continue to trend that way until the Fed stops supporting it and raised rates. That won't happen for years. There will be normal pullbacks as always, but nothing as significant as what the bears are banking on. play what you see, not what you want to see.
S&P 500 Futures May 22, 2020 8:44AM ET
Exactly! Great turmoil so you have a problem to fix and look strong for doing so later.
S&P 500 Futures May 22, 2020 8:36AM ET
C'mon people. Economic numbers not seen since the great depression haven't phased the market, why would some political jockeying in China have an effect. There will be your regular ups and downs in priced, but nothing significant until the Fed raises rates and said it's no longer the new economy. that won't be for years. Let go of the ego and just play along, even if we all know it's a hoax.
S&P 500 May 20, 2020 3:54PM ET
It's strange the 10Y is down today. I kind of want to short a little, but tomorrow is jobless numbers. So, we should be up another 3%-4% more by then.
S&P 500 May 15, 2020 10:21AM ET
the JOLTS number in my feed says it came in at 14 5 million compared to 6.88 last month. On here it says it came in at 6.2 million compared to 6.88 last month. That's a huge discrepancy! which is correct?
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 6:54PM ET
bond and dollar are safety trades. If bonds are being bought, then the bind yield goes down. So, if the 10Y bond yield is down, it means money is going into bonds. That implies risk off, which is bad for stock. Same with dollar if dollar index is going up, it's a safety trade which is bad for stock. 10Y was down all day and dollar index was up all day, despite what was a pretty massive move up off the lows. As strong a move as it was, risk was still off. That suggests today's move was just a pop in the back sector based in a silly rumor about GS and Wells Fargo merging. That will not happen, certainly not in this environment. Anyway, the pop most likely lead to some heavy short covering since banks have been getting clobbered and likely highly shorted. So, based on that I think today's move was simply that and not a real reversal. But, I'm not always right, that's just how I interpret it.
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 6:19PM ET
10Y stayed down and Dollar stayed up. That move seems wonky to me. If that was just a break out on rumor for some beat up banks, that could just be a selling opportunity for people trapped that sector. We'll see what happens tomorrow and next week, but I'm not so sure that move was the real deal. Bonds and USD didn't confirm it.
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 2:07PM ET
 Also, following the 10Y bond yield and the strength of the dollar is following the money, I'm not saying that based on some technical mumbo jumbo. But, we will see. I'm no so bold as to say I'm right, that's just how I interpret it. I've been wrong before. My ego gets left at home, More people should check there's at the door too. Also, following the 10Y bond yield and the strength of the dollar is following the money, I'm not saying that based on some technical mumbo jumbo. But, we will see. I'm no so bold as to say I'm right, that's just how I interpret it. I've been wrong before. My ego gets left at home, More people should check there's at the door too.
S&P 500 May 14, 2020 2:03PM ET
 What makes you think big players are behind this? What makes you think big players are behind this?