Canis Lupus

Joined: 03/03/20

Comments by Canis Lupus
Bitcoin Mar 08, 2021 5:15PM ET
I wouldn't mind if you're right, but what makes you think fear is creeping into the market? The VIX?
Bitcoin Mar 08, 2021 5:05PM ET
 We'll see. I think bonds are selling because the economy is going start rolling pretty soon and bonds will be the last place you want your money. Hence, yields rise as bonds sell. There will be a ton of cash ready to enter the market. You can see it now. The NDX is rolling over because that money is moving into cyclicals and other companies that boom with the economy. We'll see. I think bonds are selling because the economy is going start rolling pretty soon and bonds will be the last place you want your money. Hence, yields rise as bonds sell. There will be a ton of cash ready to enter the market. You can see it now. The NDX is rolling over because that money is moving into cyclicals and other companies that boom with the economy.
Bitcoin Mar 08, 2021 4:00PM ET
Yield is rising and dollar is rising and Bitcoin is rising. Did it occur to you that it's rising because the economy us about to boom? The virus is becoming an afterthought, things will open, Fed will keep rates low and fiscal stimulus is on the way. Even if you think Bitcoin is a fraud, a lot of money is about to come its way. Fraud or not, you will be able to sell it higher than you bought it in the short and long term.
Grayscale Bitcoin (BTC) Mar 03, 2021 12:35PM ET
 My girlfriend and her brother and sister have been in MARA for a while. They've made a ton! I'm not familiar with SOS. I'll give it a look. My girlfriend and her brother and sister have been in MARA for a while. They've made a ton! I'm not familiar with SOS. I'll give it a look.
BTC/USD Mar 01, 2021 6:39PM ET
That's probably true. People seem to see that as a bad thing. It may be bad for the idea of Bitcoin being unregulated, but for it's value, it will be big. First of all, just having the government acknowledge it as something that needs to be regulated would legitimize it. Second, once there were regulation, then bigger companies, like big banks, would feel safer about getting involved.
Grayscale Bitcoin (BTC) Mar 01, 2021 4:40PM ET
 Yeah, as long as Bitcoin's value goes up you will still make money here. I'm just wondering if there is a better way to play it without actually owning Bitcoin? The premium is now negative, so the stock price is less than the value of Bitcoin they own. I guess all I can really do, at this point, is hold what I have and see if this is an anomaly or a trend. Thanks for the replies! Yeah, as long as Bitcoin's value goes up you will still make money here. I'm just wondering if there is a better way to play it without actually owning Bitcoin? The premium is now negative, so the stock price is less than the value of Bitcoin they own. I guess all I can really do, at this point, is hold what I have and see if this is an anomaly or a trend. Thanks for the replies!
Grayscale Bitcoin (BTC) Mar 01, 2021 4:23PM ET
 Hmmm, that is interesting. My only thought is that a US ETF is going to happen at some point. That would probably be bad for GTBC as people will move from here to there. I'm all for being in a Bitcoin derivative, but I'm starting to wonder if this is the most efficient one? Hmmm, that is interesting. My only thought is that a US ETF is going to happen at some point. That would probably be bad for GTBC as people will move from here to there. I'm all for being in a Bitcoin derivative, but I'm starting to wonder if this is the most efficient one?
Bitcoin Feb 28, 2021 7:11PM ET
Inverted head and shoulders forming. Another drop to around 44K, then we move higher. lol I just want to say something stoopid so I could see what it's like to be an idi it.
Grayscale Bitcoin (BTC) Feb 28, 2021 2:26PM ET
What are people's thoughts about the premium going negative? For the first time, that I know of, you can buy GBTC for less than the value per share they own in Bitcoin. I'm not sure if that a good or bad thing?
Bitcoin Feb 26, 2021 7:21PM ET
A yield is any return on investment, not just bonds. Even though that's a term they commonly use. If I buy Bitcoin at $1 and sell it at $1.10, that's still a 10% yield on my investment. For someone who just doesn't like Bitcoin, you sure are adamant about wanting to see it's demise. Seems like you hate it as if you blame it for some personal consequence you suffered. I hope that's not the case.
Bitcoin Feb 26, 2021 6:25PM ET
Are you sure you know what a yield is?
Bitcoin Feb 26, 2021 3:14PM ET
Wow, that's awesome! The narrative has changed. It's not about Bitcoin being the next currency. For all the scary talk about high volatility, Bitcoin is becoming a safe haven against the coming inflation. MicroStrategy had that big Bitcoin pump fest earlier this month promoting that exact thing. There were many companies there. I'm willing to bet they want in, but didn't want to get in at the ATH at the time. Now will be their chance to get close to Elon Musk prices. It will all ******up eventually, but I'm betting (literally) it get to six figures before that happens.
Bitcoin Feb 26, 2021 2:53PM ET
Well, my time horizon is more than just a week. I'm actually hoping Bitcoin goes to 40-42k. I think that's a good time to be opportunistic for another leg up.
Bitcoin Feb 26, 2021 2:44PM ET
I guess it's a matter of perspective, like the glass half full/empty metaphor. But, wasn't the 2017 "crash" also the biggest wealth building opportunity of a lifetime?
Argo Blockchain Feb 26, 2021 11:07AM ET
 Thanks David. I will do that. Thanks David. I will do that.
Bitcoin Feb 26, 2021 9:59AM ET
I'm no theologian, but I'm pretty sure all money, even just the concept of money, is man made.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 11:46PM ET
Ha! yes, these message boards are 99% unless. I'm not sold on the idea that Bitcoin will replace fiat. Powell has already said this year will be important for having a US digital currency. For the most part, money is already digital. Just having that discussion about digital currency will legitimize Bitcoin, but ultimately, my wild ***guess it that the government would create its own version of Bitcoin rather than adopting Bitcoin as a new currency. I imagine they would want to create something they can control, and they can't really control Bitcoin they way they want. But, in the meantime, I think just having that discussion will pump Bitcoin.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 11:29PM ET
Intrinsic value is the real value if something. Bitcoin, nor fiat have intrinsic value. Fiat did when we had the gold standard. For every dollar, the government owned that much value in gold. The Fed couldn't just print money if the government didn't own that value in gold. Each only have implied value, which is market driven and fluctuates.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 10:57PM ET
that is correct. It may not be worth $47,000 to you, but apparently it is to someone. At least at the moment, no one knows what it will be worth in the next 24 hours.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 10:48PM ET
It's worth what the market dictates it's worth. It's value is found by trading it. If you just hold it, and never use it, its worth nothing. The market gives it the value it is, you don't get to give it a value you think it should be.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 10:04PM ET
If the Fed raises rates that early, it would destroy this economy. But, then again, no matter when they raise, it will ****it. The bull will end then, whenever that may be. Until then, there will be dips to buy, then new ATH to follow. The bears will have their season, but not just yet.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 9:55PM ET
I agree, but what is intrinsic value dies fiat have? Ever since Nixon nixed the gold standard, the dollar is backed by nothing. Both Bitcoin and Fiat are simply market driven based on an implied value.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 9:53PM ET
Just as many reasons it can go up another 1000%.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 9:51PM ET
Perhaps, but they've controlled things pretty well so far. There will certainly be your run-of-the-mill pull backs along the way, but there will be no sustained bear market until the Fed raises rates. They project that won't happen until 2023.
Bitcoin Feb 25, 2021 9:07PM ET
I doubt it, but I've been wrong before. 40-42 sounds like a good number. I don't think the bill run is over, and the Fed has nothing to directly do with Bitcoin. The sentiment is bad in the market because of the yield, as you've mentioned. But, if the Fed has anything to do with it, the will use some monetary policy to keep it from getting too high. They want them low for the foreseeable future. Once they control the yield, it will be back to risk on and this little blip will be forgotten.