Black Friday SALE: Up to 54% OFF InvestingPro+ CLAIM OFFER

Gary Smith

Joined: 18/01/20

Comments by Gary Smith
S&P 500 Jun 15, 2022 11:19AM ET
It is really difficult to see investment in growth right now. I got it wrong too. The expected contraction is going to be worse than I even imagined a few months ago.
S&P 500 Jun 15, 2022 11:05AM ET
This could go as low as 3000 or lower.
Fed Rate Hike, ECB Emergency Meeting, Bitcoin $20k - What's Moving Markets Jun 15, 2022 7:41AM ET
Rates going up, stocks to open higher :-)  . What?? lol
U.S. annual inflation posts largest gain in nearly 41 years as food, gasoline prices soar Jun 13, 2022 12:21PM ET
 I'll get back in when it's not obvious I will be losing value in the short term. I have no doubt the markets will rise again, but right now, we are in bear territory, and, the outlook is extremely bleak. I'll get back in when it's not obvious I will be losing value in the short term. I have no doubt the markets will rise again, but right now, we are in bear territory, and, the outlook is extremely bleak.
U.S. annual inflation posts largest gain in nearly 41 years as food, gasoline prices soar Jun 10, 2022 1:39PM ET
I am going to sit on the sidelines for a while...far too many unknowns here, and I think the fed will be forced to get tougher.  Anyone still in the market, I wish you every success....I will jump back in when times are more certain.
Fed QT Begins, OPEC+ Solidarity Frays, ISM PMI - What's Moving Markets Jun 01, 2022 7:44AM ET
 Experience and a PhD does not equal competence. Experience and a PhD does not equal competence.
Fed QT Begins, OPEC+ Solidarity Frays, ISM PMI - What's Moving Markets Jun 01, 2022 7:11AM ET
More doom and gloom headlines. Already known and already priced in. But markets need to be forced to move I guess. Red day ahead for no reason other than headlines.
S&P 500 Futures May 26, 2022 4:12AM ET
Black sea is opened up dude. She's gonna rip today.
Nasdaq 100 Futures May 26, 2022 4:11AM ET
I sense a rip now with the black sea being opened up. I'm onboard the rocket, leveraged to the max.
Nasdaq 100 Futures May 26, 2022 4:09AM ET
Buckle up, next stop, moon.
Dow Jones Futures May 26, 2022 4:09AM ET
It's gamblers trying to shake out margin and force liquidations up or down. Fendementaly, the economy is not as bad as the sell off suggests.
S&P 500 Futures May 26, 2022 4:07AM ET
4100 is the target within the next 3 weeks. I'm not sure how many ups and downs along the way, but 4080-4120 is my bet here.
S&P 500 Futures May 25, 2022 4:59PM ET
Demand destruction?Where. Order books are filled into 2023.
S&P 500 Futures May 25, 2022 4:57PM ET
4100ish over next 2 or 3 weeks.
U.S. Stocks Gain Ahead of the Federal Reserve's Meeting Minutes May 25, 2022 11:11AM ET
I know. Don't temp me
Based off what assumption are you making that comment. Everything has been adjusting for the past few months. If we are not near a bottom, we are very close. Personally, I would not be surprised if we bounce from here to 4100 or so on the S&P.
Fed Minutes, Nordstrom and Nvidia Earnings, ECB Talk - What's Moving Markets May 25, 2022 7:55AM ET
Sideways day until the minutes I think. Then...buckle up!
S&P 500 Futures May 24, 2022 8:51PM ET
4100 in next 2 weeks
S&P 500 Futures May 24, 2022 6:21AM ET
It's 100% algos. It would be a foolish human to start selling here. But then again, humans also have been known to buy crypto.
S&P 500 Futures May 22, 2022 6:59PM ET
I see a green Monday.
S&P 500 Futures May 22, 2022 6:59PM ET
crazy to short here.
Nasdaq 100 May 20, 2022 1:31PM ET
Did you ever hear of margin trading?
Nasdaq 100 May 20, 2022 1:17PM ET
I am confused as to what is going on here? I am out of ideas. Nothing makes sense. Maybe this is the Algos selling and shorting everything. The long squeeze? Other global markets are not like this fiasco. I am now at a loss to even try and explain this level of sell off.
5 Signs That May Mark A Stock Market Bottom May 20, 2022 10:45AM ET
Bah, I am tired of hearing about this mystical bottom. Who says we need to crash and burn. We may, we may not. Just adjust exposure accordingly and reduce your downside risk.
Applied Materials May 19, 2022 4:31PM ET
An Algo sold 630k shares at the same second the earnings release was put out. WOW.