frendy glasser

Joined: 27/11/19

Comments by frendy glasser
Investors React as U.S. Stocks Roar Past Powell’s Hawkish Pivot  Dec 07, 2021 1:23PM ET
Most people sold after most of the drop occurred, and now are buying back yesterday and today after the market increases.  The classic buy high sell low that causes most traders to lose money if not earn just a small percentage year after year.  A reminder:  to "win" you must buy low and sell high.  Adopt the phrase "Hold Fast" (tattoo it on your knuckles if necessary) and stop following the herd during sell offs.
ProShares UltraPro QQQ Dec 02, 2021 12:43PM ET
 Indeed, I'm loading up on TQQQ, TNA, and JNUG now.  The wisdom of this remains to be seen. Indeed, I'm loading up on TQQQ, TNA, and JNUG now.  The wisdom of this remains to be seen.
ProShares UltraPro QQQ Nov 30, 2021 9:43AM ET
My only regret with TQQQ is not having bought more over the years and just held it.
After The Close: Notes On 7 Important Charts Nov 18, 2021 8:54PM ET
HPQ is the technology company, not the energy company that plummeted.
ProShares UltraPro QQQ Nov 05, 2021 1:15PM ET
It's volatile for sure, you need to be patient when it drops.  The basic idea of all investing applies: when you cannot sleep at night, reduce your exposure until you can.  I've held it for the last 6 years, and I've had my share of not wanting to look at my account from time to time.  But, hold fast is my motto.  Oh, and I don't have everything in it.  No more than 20% at any one time, and that is very aggressive
Slowing Global Growth May Derail The Bull Market Nov 05, 2021 9:14AM ET
I suppose if the analysts keep predicting a market pull back, eventually it will happen.  I've been reading doom and gloom for several weeks now:  the tapering is being ignored, watch out!  Non-farm payrolls will be over 500,000, watch out!  and so on.
Gold Nov 03, 2021 2:22PM ET
You are right on, the correct thing to do when you are wrong is stop being wrong be closing the position
Russell 2000 Futures Nov 03, 2021 10:36AM ET
amazing melt up. proves the old addage with small caps: when you are long hold onto your hat, the gains come in short spurts. Small caps outperform over the long time, but it is just a few big moves that account for it. we are in one of those moves now.
Opening Bell: Stocks Weaken Ahead Of Fed; Treasury Yield Curve Flattens Nov 02, 2021 9:10AM ET
small caps have been surging as of late, this was the first article I've seen that even mentioned it.  I looked at the components of the Russell 2000 trying to see which shares were driving it.  I didn't see an outsized gain by any one stock (like a meme).  It is curious though:  supply chain issues, inflation, product shortages, inability to hire staff, rising staff costs.  One would think they would hurt small caps the most.? Alas, no point in arguing with the tape or trying to explain it.  Just ride the wave until it reverses.
Russell 2000 Futures Oct 19, 2021 9:22PM ET
Take a look at the TNA ETF. Its a triple leveraged play on the russell 2000. Hold on to your hat if you go long.
Bitcoin: Could It Really Reach $250,000 Level? Oct 18, 2021 2:38PM ET
Not long ago technicians were using charts to predict gold over $3,000 and silver hitting $1,000.  We all know where those trades went...
Oil: Sentiment And Speculation Drive Recent Price Hike Oct 14, 2021 7:38AM ET
When a market stays bullish in the face of bearish news or bearish fundamentals. That is a very strong case for more bullish momentum. (The opposite is true as well - see gold’s behavior in spite of bullish fundamentals).
Asia Markets Session: Singapore Springs Surprise Monetary Tightening Oct 14, 2021 5:02AM ET
The final paragraph contradicts itself. 1) if dollar rally resumes, gold gains vanish. 2) if dollar strengthens, further gains in gold cannot be ruled out. Am I missing a fundamental understanding of the words rally vs strengthen?
'Containergeddon': Supply crisis drives Walmart and rivals to hire their own ships Oct 07, 2021 9:20AM ET
no mention of the powerful unions who block any attempt to automate the process of unloading the ships.  No sweater for Grandma this Christmas?  It's a small price to pay for good paying Union jobs in California.
Commodities: A Golden Strategy Oct 01, 2021 9:44AM ET
Interesting strategy, biggest take away for me is the notion of treating the physical holding as legacy.  That is, the idea isn't to trade it like other investments.  The challenge I have found when purchasing the physical bars and coins are the enormous premiums that sellers are asking for.  Occasionally, I find gold selling at a 4% premium, but usually only in larger sizes (like a 10oz bar). On the other side of the trade is selling, physical gold is not liquid unless you take a sizeable discount.  The author here doesn't care about these issues as they are insignificant over a generational timeframe.  To wit, my dad bought a bunch of 1oz gold coins (and silver) over his lifetime that we only found after he died.  I don't know what he paid, but at the current price of gold, I'm sure it is a good profit.
U.S. Treasury Fires A Missile At Cryptocurrencies; China Bans Them Again Sep 27, 2021 2:47PM ET
other great quotes from history: I think there is a word market for maybe 5 computers.  Watson, President of IBM 1943.  There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.  Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation 1977.
U.S. 10Y Sep 10, 2021 12:47PM ET
wait!  I'll flip my lucky silver peace dollar and see if I agree.
Gold Settles in Red Again Below $1,800 Sep 08, 2021 6:50PM ET
Bah! Its a gorgeous metal that brings joy to just behold. Everyone should own a 5 ounce bar to simply hold from time to time and to feel all is right with the world.
August Off To Shaky Start For Gold. Could September Change Anything? Aug 13, 2021 9:48AM ET
unfortunately, there are no magical crystal ********for us all to look into -- short of that however, this article provides some excellent data points to consider for gold's next moves.
BTC/USD Aug 13, 2021 9:29AM ET
I believe eventually.  Just cannot say when.
Crude Oil WTI Aug 06, 2021 3:26PM ET
good for you!  you must have held on for dear life!
Gold Aug 04, 2021 11:17AM ET
fundamentals are tricky (and sometimes in the eye of the beholder) to wit:  Inflation should send gold prices higher, but higher inflation means the Fed might increase interest rates -- which sends gold lower.  I'm convinced that Gold bounces around as the herd jumps in and out of FOMO.
Emotional Traders React To Recent Market Rotation Jul 19, 2021 4:59PM ET
Sell into strength and buy into weakness. Ive been reducing my exposure for about a month a little at a time. Reached 25% cash and started buying last week. I was like a kid in a candy store today scooping up bargains. Didnt go all in. Will keep adding positions if the sell off continues. This strategy will fail if the markets never again recover and appreciate.
Gold Jul 08, 2021 1:00PM ET
in other words, par for the course for all comments sections on all financial sites
ProShares UltraPro QQQ Jul 07, 2021 11:55AM ET
until it isn't!  Let's just  hope not too soon...