Black Brit

Joined: 19/07/16

Comments by Black Brit
NVIDIA Jun 18, 2021 11:50AM ET
BoA raise PT to $900??!? That may be excessively optimistic, but for sure there's more juice in the tank here....
Sea Jun 16, 2021 1:43PM ET
One month on, Drake, and SE is 25% higher, close to its ATH. I'm not knocking BABA - which incidentally, is pretty much flat over the same period - but SE seems like a good company to be in, even if somewhat pricey by normal 'fundamentals'. The pandemic is far from over, and SE's other businesses - gaming and internet banking - hold promise, as I see it
NVIDIA Jun 02, 2021 4:28PM ET
RF, I wouldn't disagree one iota - indeed, I did buy a little more, and as the share price hit an all-time high today, I am happily in the profit }:0)
Gladstone Capital May 27, 2021 12:23PM ET
stock, perhaps, not stick };0)
Gladstone Capital May 27, 2021 12:23PM ET
This stick has just about doubled in hte last year (more than doubled since the pandemic-induced sell-off of March 2020), it pays an 8% dividend (in monthly instalments)....and yet seems to get little or no attention on most investor forums, tv channels, etc...
NVIDIA May 26, 2021 4:58PM ET
yes, it's a fair comment that the earnings beat was already priced in....but with the ongoing chip shortage, and the continued growth of AI and the gaming industry (let alone crypto), I'd say there's still a fair way to go with this stock
NVIDIA May 26, 2021 4:38PM ET
actually, this is a regular thing with NVDA - look back over the last few years and see..
NVIDIA May 26, 2021 4:27PM ET
NVDA beats on top & bottom lines, as well as guidance - resulting in a 1.5% drop after hours? Sounds good to me, I'll just buy some more,,,,
Sea May 06, 2021 1:46PM ET
because more people want to sell than to buy, perhaps? Ok, beng less facetious, this stock is close to an all-time high, having in no small part been boosted by the onset of the pandemic; as economies come out of lockdown, there's a fair chance that the rate of growth in e-commerce &/or gaming, two major planks n the company's armoury will slow. It is no surprise, therefore, that traders/investors/gamblers will look to take profits (particularly since earnings arguably missed expectations and the charts show something of a 'double-top' pattern). On a longer-term horizon, I'd say this remains a pretty safe bet (hence the regular small rebounds in price after every few days of falling). Besides, the pandemic may well be far from over!!Well, that's my tuppence-ha'penny's worth. Hope it helps you in your trading decisions....
Amazon.com Apr 29, 2021 4:44PM ET
hi, I received a notification on my phone to that effect, shortly after the market opened...I wondered how the website could have managed to know the figures before they were released...now it turns out that the article was  wrong, as the company 'beat' (and handily so) expectation on both Revenue and EPS....funnily enough, the link to the article no longer works }:0)
Shopify Inc Apr 28, 2021 3:05PM ET
 you're most welcome - I hope you bought/added some... funny, I've been crazy-busy at work since myApr20 post and have only just logged in today ... to see a  12% rise on a massive EPS 'beat'  }:0) you're most welcome - I hope you bought/added some... funny, I've been crazy-busy at work since myApr20 post and have only just logged in today ... to see a  12% rise on a massive EPS 'beat'  }:0)
Shopify Inc Apr 26, 2021 10:05AM ET
the stock has risen 10-fold over the last few years; yet whenever it drops people seem to panic and ask "what's going on?". It is now about 20% below its all-time-high, having pulled back largely (imho) on profit-taking and/or a concern that it may not grow as fast as it did during the pandemic....but, guess what? The pandemic isn't over yet and, even when it ends, e-commerce will continue to grow, benefiting stocks such as this one. It is now about 20% below its all-time-high of $1400, and even today it received a confirmation 'buy' rating with a target price of $1500....hope all that helps answer your qn };0)
Liberty All Star Equity Closed Fund Apr 22, 2021 8:50AM ET
still waters run deep.....};0)
Cornerstone Strategic Value Apr 20, 2021 1:36PM ET
thanks!
Cornerstone Strategic Value Apr 19, 2021 11:10AM ET
why did you think it was coming, if I may ask? I am new to this stock, and don't see why it has fallen (at all, let alone so heavily) over the last few sessions?
Shopify Inc Apr 16, 2021 8:45AM ET
sounds like good analysis, mind, now all we need to know is the chart it refers to };0)
BTC/USD Mar 13, 2021 10:27AM ET
that's the best comment I've read for a while };0)
NVIDIA Feb 24, 2021 4:28PM ET
so sorry to disappoint you, but a beat on both top & bottom lines!!
Shopify Inc Feb 23, 2021 5:09AM ET
... although, to put a counter-argument, the share price may suffer in the short-term, as countries 'emerge' from the pandemic...
Shopify Inc Feb 23, 2021 5:07AM ET
er, probably not - try looking at the company's balance sheet (under the "financials" tab); more likely, the directors wish the company to take advantage of the surging stock price by raising money to expand operations &/or make an acquisition (or they could simply be further fortifying its balance sheet, particularly as the estimated $1.5Bn proceeds would exceed the company's entire debt). My view only, DYOR, but I'd be happy to buy more at/around the SPO price
Shopify Inc Feb 17, 2021 8:51AM ET
yet down c3% pre-market; this stock market malarkey is hilarious!!
Shopify Inc Feb 11, 2021 8:20PM ET
 why try to rationalise the rally - which, in a sense, has been going on since March/April 2009? You may be better off just deciding to hold your nose and buy (with whatever protection - such as put options, stop losses, etc - as you think appropriate)...people have been making money (on SHOP, but equally on so many other instruments), whilst others stand by, scratching their heads! why try to rationalise the rally - which, in a sense, has been going on since March/April 2009? You may be better off just deciding to hold your nose and buy (with whatever protection - such as put options, stop losses, etc - as you think appropriate)...people have been making money (on SHOP, but equally on so many other instruments), whilst others stand by, scratching their heads!
Bitcoin Feb 11, 2021 8:35AM ET
hi, thanks for posting this - would you by any chance have a link to any 'traditional' news source (eg BBC, WSJ, Sky etc)  as opposed to any crypto-news sources?  So far I have only found articles where Kenya CB is said to be discussing the adoption of Bitcoin, not that it has actually done so.  Thanks for your help!!
Shopify Inc Feb 09, 2021 11:43AM ET
definitely nose-bleed territory; the Shop Pay news is hardly "news" - I recall discussing the SHOP-FB partnership on here over 6 months ago (May 2020)
Shopify Inc Feb 09, 2021 10:59AM ET
good call - hope you put some where the proverb suggests...