Black Brit

Joined: 19/07/16

Comments by Black Brit
NVIDIA May 25, 2022 4:31PM ET
Co beats on both top & bottom lines, for 12 straight quarters; share price falls almost 10% ... gotta love this stock!!
Shopify Inc May 05, 2022 7:09AM ET
looks like this would have been sage advice, matey!!
Shopify Inc May 05, 2022 7:07AM ET
earnings miss - look out below, although a possible (however debatable) for investors with a long-term horizon...
Shopify Inc Apr 21, 2022 12:21PM ET
let's hope so, matey..
Shopify Inc Apr 21, 2022 11:52AM ET
..apologies, you said "bananas" rather than "oranges" };0)
Shopify Inc Apr 21, 2022 11:51AM ET
...maybe, but as at slmost noon today, TSLA is up 6%, whilst NFLX & SHOP are down c.5%, so - again, maybe - my "be more cautious" apple appears to be trumping your "buy now or regret it" orange ...
Shopify Inc Apr 20, 2022 11:40PM ET
I'd be a bit more cautious. NFLX results reflected the fact that the pandemic had pulled forward a lot of subscriber growth, and as the world re-opens there is less demand; much the same could (I stress "could") be said for e-commerce companies such as SHOP. That said, I expect (and certainly hope) there'll be something of a rebound - but it's not as though the shares have been on an upward trajectory over the last six months...
Travelers Earnings Beat, Revenue Misses In Q1 Apr 19, 2022 7:12AM ET
was revenue $8.01Bn (as stated in this article) or $8.37Bn (as stated on the Financials tab on this website)?
Shopify Inc Mar 31, 2022 5:04AM ET
comments like this are much more valuable than the empty "will fly" or "will crash", thanks
Shopify Inc Mar 31, 2022 4:36AM ET
possibly, that they're going shopping at noon tomorrow?
Oil extends losses; Russia to fulfil supply contracts Mar 10, 2022 12:42PM ET
absolutely!! It was only back in late January he said Russia would not be invading Ukraine - and sure enough, there’s been no such invasion (e&oe)…
Shopify Inc Feb 17, 2022 8:57PM ET
2200? I assume you mean Canadian $$?
Shopify Inc Feb 17, 2022 8:55PM ET
great move, we're all happy for ya! };0)
Shopify Inc Feb 16, 2022 6:46PM ET
, fair comment to say that the stock is overvalued; given that it's now fallen over 50% in 3 months, I've gone against all logic and added to my position };0) , fair comment to say that the stock is overvalued; given that it's now fallen over 50% in 3 months, I've gone against all logic and added to my position };0)
Shopify Inc Feb 16, 2022 9:56AM ET
I wonder how many companies can report beat earnings that beat analysts' expectations on both top & bottom line, yet see the SP drop by over 17%....
Meta Platforms Feb 02, 2022 5:19PM ET
apologies, I must've misread the figures ... the man thrust of my message was that it has recouped most of its initial after-hours drop };0)
Meta Platforms Feb 02, 2022 5:02PM ET
relax, whilst $Qcom dropped c7% after missing on the top but beating on the bottom line, it has pared most of those losses within the after-hours session
Shopify Inc Feb 02, 2022 4:20PM ET
looks like your wish was granted, as it went up to 984...but only to fall, heavily...
Himax Dec 27, 2021 11:46AM ET
on y va....
Himax Dec 27, 2021 11:44AM ET
Thanks for taking the time to post all that - anyone who bought after reading it last month should be thanking you too, as they're sitting on a c.50% gain..
NVIDIA Dec 17, 2021 5:25AM ET
, easy, just keep losing $$ on paper (until it turns or you get stopped out) , easy, just keep losing $$ on paper (until it turns or you get stopped out)
NVIDIA Dec 16, 2021 12:05PM ET
If you're holding for the long-term, sit back & relax; if you're trading, keep buying dips & selling rips! };0)
Wall Street ends higher; Fed to end bond purchases in March Dec 15, 2021 4:21PM ET
 kudos to you, Sir - that is the best response I have read in ages! kudos to you, Sir - that is the best response I have read in ages!
Shopify Inc Nov 22, 2021 11:15AM ET
nasdaq.com has $SHOP as today's Bear-of-the-Day; whether that partly explains the 3% drop is beyond me, but interestingly the auuthor stresses that SHOP is <<an incredible business ..wth an amazing profitable growth>> such that the bearish call is largely based on the price having risen so quickly ... akin to my <<nosebleed territory>> comment of Nov12, below..
Shopify Inc Nov 22, 2021 11:13AM ET
nasdaq.com has $SHOP as today's Bear-of-the-Day; whether that partly explains the 3% drop is beyond me, but interestingly the auuthor stresses that SHOP is "an incredible business ..wth an amazing profitable growth" profile" such that the bearish call is largely based on the price having risen so quickly ... akin to my "nosebleed territory" comment of Nov12, below...