Davis Waldo

Joined: 07/04/15

Comments by Davis Waldo
Platinum Mar 31, 2021 10:24AM ET
I've found your posts to be of value.Good luck.  This synthetic price action is due to banks increasing short positions.  I've lightened up, but continue to hold core position.  US$ headed for credit quality downgrade.
Platinum Mar 10, 2021 2:06PM ET
All of that is true, yet by averaging down, especially in the 850 area, I got a 2M$ boost in the last two years, which is ample reward for sticking to my long Pt strategy through a long period of underperformance. All of that is true, yet by averaging down, especially in the 850 area, I got a 2M$ boost in the last two years, which is ample reward for sticking to my long Pt strategy through a long period of underperformance.
Platinum Mar 10, 2021 12:58PM ET
I appreciate you backed your opinion with your money.  Personally I have been playing the long side only of Pt/PPLT for over a decade, and now it is acting well for further advances for the first time in 10 years.  It represents 60% of my portfolio.  A very high weighting, but one I'm comfortable with. I appreciate you backed your opinion with your money.  Personally I have been playing the long side only of Pt/PPLT for over a decade, and now it is acting well for further advances for the first time in 10 years.  It represents 60% of my portfolio.  A very high weighting, but one I'm comfortable with.
Platinum Mar 08, 2021 12:04PM ET
Now I don't invest/speculate in cryptos.  I'm old school.  Now the scarcity premise is based on an energy cost that increases with successive calculation.  That also applies to Pt and can be easily seen that when the downdip on SA Pt mines is at a 14% grade, each successive generation of shafts will embody more energy into the PGM brought out of the ground. Now I don't invest/speculate in cryptos.  I'm old school.  Now the scarcity premise is based on an energy cost that increases with successive calculation.  That also applies to Pt and can be easily seen that when the downdip on SA Pt mines is at a 14% grade, each successive generation of shafts will embody more energy into the PGM brought out of the ground.
Platinum Feb 28, 2021 12:54PM ET
Platinum Feb 26, 2021 11:59AM ET
Here's an interesting post by Jim Rickards, after Yellen called for 500B in SDR bonds to support emerging markets.  https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/rickards-great-reset-here Looks to me like physical platinum coins getting even tighter.
Platinum Feb 26, 2021 11:34AM ET
Time to buy
Platinum Feb 22, 2021 12:39PM ET
I don't think the Fed sponsored banks are covering shorts yet, based on bank participation reports and market action.  This monstrous short position probably held in a Fed account anyhow and all margin calls made with new counterfeit money, so who cares.  The market action also indicates there is an aggressive seller pounding Pt at every opportunity, just like last 10 years.  So, when remaining 2M oz of float moves from weak to strong hands and there is a failure to deliver on Nymex, or PPLT suspends new sales, then the real market will develop.
Platinum Feb 22, 2021 11:13AM ET
Part of the rotation from money losing concept stocks to real assets.  I call it revenge of the nerds.  After this selling impulse, on the buying impulse expect Pt to make new highs.
Chesapeake Energy Feb 20, 2021 1:51PM ET
I'm long this stock at 44.  Looking 5 years out, debt free, paying a dividend.
Platinum Feb 20, 2021 1:09PM ET
There is more talk of the commodity supercycle reemerging after being in hibernation since 2011.  Take a look at CHK.  Emerged from bankruptcy with 8B debt, bad pipeline contracts, common and preferred share equity wiped out.  As warrants are exercised CHK will be debt free with reserves.  Right now majority of production for next two years hedged at lower levels, so not a short term play. There is more talk of the commodity supercycle reemerging after being in hibernation since 2011.  Take a look at CHK.  Emerged from bankruptcy with 8B debt, bad pipeline contracts, common and preferred share equity wiped out.  As warrants are exercised CHK will be debt free with reserves.  Right now majority of production for next two years hedged at lower levels, so not a short term play.
Platinum Feb 18, 2021 9:11PM ET
Jim Rickards, probably one of the smartest guys around forecast 10k to 20k gold based on turning intangible money supply into a more favorable relation with tangible gold reserves.  It hasn't happened quite that way.  This huge pool of money is in an excited state, and who knows what asset will be picked next for a price explosion.  The efforts of the govt/banks are to direct this into things they can manufacture at 0 cost; stocks, bonds and bills; and secondarily into residential real estate to keep household net worth climbing and people spending.  But as can be seen with bitcoin, occasionally they lose control.  Maybe the chumps buying the next CNBC touted money losing company will buy some platinum.  Maybe not.  It's interesting that the hype about a silver squeeze helped platinum, with no publicity.  Shows it may be ready to go. Jim Rickards, probably one of the smartest guys around forecast 10k to 20k gold based on turning intangible money supply into a more favorable relation with tangible gold reserves.  It hasn't happened quite that way.  This huge pool of money is in an excited state, and who knows what asset will be picked next for a price explosion.  The efforts of the govt/banks are to direct this into things they can manufacture at 0 cost; stocks, bonds and bills; and secondarily into residential real estate to keep household net worth climbing and people spending.  But as can be seen with bitcoin, occasionally they lose control.  Maybe the chumps buying the next CNBC touted money losing company will buy some platinum.  Maybe not.  It's interesting that the hype about a silver squeeze helped platinum, with no publicity.  Shows it may be ready to go.
Platinum Feb 18, 2021 8:45PM ET
I couldn't find historical data on the govt website.  I remember looking at this in the past, and banks started shorting Pt beginning with QE3 in 2011.  So I assume this is govt policy, to direct the firehose of liquidity into their favored channels, i.e. the stock market where they can manufacture new shares at 0 cost, and not into a scare resource primarily owned in another country.  A 10 year correction is about right for a 70 year commodity supercycle.  Looks like the wheels are turning. I couldn't find historical data on the govt website.  I remember looking at this in the past, and banks started shorting Pt beginning with QE3 in 2011.  So I assume this is govt policy, to direct the firehose of liquidity into their favored channels, i.e. the stock market where they can manufacture new shares at 0 cost, and not into a scare resource primarily owned in another country.  A 10 year correction is about right for a 70 year commodity supercycle.  Looks like the wheels are turning.
Platinum Feb 18, 2021 2:33PM ET
The Sept Bank Participation Report showed the largest US banks short 19,836 contracts.  The price averaged 905 that month.  The Feb report, released 3/15 showed the banks short 27,414 contracts.  So the price increased almost 400$/oz. while the banks were naked shorting an additional 380k oz. I love the smell of short hairs burning in the morning.
Platinum Feb 18, 2021 9:02AM ET
We're seeing the great rotation, from money losing concept stocks that millenials love, to tangible assets that the Fed can't dilute with a mouse click. For instance, UBER loses money every quarter, has to raise more cash to sell a nickel for 3c, market cap 110 B.  All the above ground platinum in the world, not tightly held, worth between 2B and 30B, depending on whose numbers you use.  Dan Adams is right, its a value play, a technology play, a scarcity play, and a put on govt. malfeasance.
Platinum Feb 15, 2021 11:59AM ET
Combination of things leading to  melt up following Money printing to infinity getting big money scared, scam by Fed and its puppeteers that we should trust those who hold the money hose is finally losing credibility.  See crude oil, natural gas, copper, nickel,
Platinum Feb 15, 2021 11:51AM ET
combination of melt up following other assets, money printing to infinity getting big money scared, scam by Fed and its puppetiers that we should trust those who hold the money hose is finally losing credibility.  See crude oil, nat gas, copper, nickel, palladium, rhodium, iridiium, iron ore, bitcoin, and now, finally, platinum.  I'm looking for a couple 200$ up days when big banks forced to cover.
Platinum Feb 15, 2021 10:29AM ET
Glad you're still following your own research Roger.  I'm doing the same and up 650k so far in 2021.But wait, you're short, right?
Platinum Feb 04, 2021 11:32AM ET
considering carnage in gold, platinum holding up well. US 10 yr not signaling tighter money But rising inflation expectations, imo. Should be favorable to pm. One thing I've noticed is they smash pm just before an event signaling more dilution of $. Anyone for more free money? Populace, politicians.
Platinum Jan 29, 2021 11:56AM ET
as a rule I agree. But if new policy is abandon border control, guaranteed citizenship for illegals w income and Healthcare, defund police. 110% debt financing by fed, record trade deficits, unemployment comp, states going bust, then rotation to pm. what's real? everything manipulated.
Platinum Jan 29, 2021 10:50AM ET
should work, looks like top. I'm betting is accompanied by rotation to real money. Increasingly panicked dems going for populist solutions. They can't just sit back and critique now.
Platinum Jan 29, 2021 10:12AM ET
long palladium x short Pt being unwound by hedge funds, looks like
Platinum Aug 25, 2020 9:22AM ET
looks like your long Pt/zar trade working. I'm also impressed by rel strength vs palladium. As banks get pressured on one spread, also have to unwind long palladium/short Pt.I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the weather is clearing
Platinum Aug 24, 2020 8:17AM ET
apmex posting an incredible 400$ premium for Pt eagles, no Valcambi bars, even pre sale, Brittany's at 120 over. Clearly those who have stacked in the past are not releasing stock. manufacturers cannot obtain raw Pt from miners, governments have exerted pressure on the mints to limit production. The only place Pt is still cheap and readily available is Nymex.
Platinum Aug 18, 2020 10:31AM ET