Sam Jennings

Joined: 04/03/15

Comments by Sam Jennings
MicroStrategy May 17, 2021 10:05AM ET
Sources: Bitcoin price, from this website, their bitcoin holdings, from their CEO's Twitter posts, their total liabilities, from their last earning's statement's balance sheet, on this website, their shares outstanding, from the "general" tab, on this website.
MicroStrategy May 17, 2021 10:01AM ET
Their BTC holdings, minus their debt, comes to $211 per share, at $45,000 per bitcoin.91,850 btc (which MSTR holds), times $45,000 per btc (today's price, roughly) Equals $4,133,250,000 worth of btc... purchased while the company has a DEBT ("total liabilities") of $2,078,000,000 so: $4,133,250,000 - $2,078,000,000 = $2,055,250,000 worth of bitcoin equity... Now DIVIDE by the number of shares: $2,055,250,000 / 9,745,593 = $210.89 worth of bitcoin, per share, at today's bitcoin price, and with the number of bitcoin the news said they have, even updated since their last earnings report, according to CEO Michael Saylor, on May 13, on Twitter. The point is, you could get literally double the value, for your bitcoin investment, just buying bitcoin, directly, than getting exposure through MSTR. On the other hand, at least as of a couple of weeks ago, "they" were claiming that GBTC trades lower than its bitcoin equity is worth.
MicroStrategy May 17, 2021 9:47AM ET
Look at a 100 year graph of the USD, and let us all know what you discover, once you do that.
Bitcoin May 16, 2021 10:55AM ET
Elon, himself, BOUGHT btc around $48k, before, right?
Bitcoin May 16, 2021 10:55AM ET
Good point.  You can always buy it back, later, at some huge multiple of the price you sold.
Bitcoin May 15, 2021 7:03PM ET
 But if you must know, he even backed off from his contentious tweets: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/elon-musk-crypto-bitcoin-tesla-b1847308.html But if you must know, he even backed off from his contentious tweets: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/elon-musk-crypto-bitcoin-tesla-b1847308.html
Bitcoin May 15, 2021 6:53PM ET
 It is a fallacy to assume this price action has to do with that tweet. It is a fallacy to assume this price action has to do with that tweet.
Bitcoin May 15, 2021 6:34PM ET
Elon Musk literally only owned 1/1000th of the total market cap...he's a complete nobody, in this market.
MicroStrategy May 13, 2021 1:43PM ET
Come on, Ben... be honest. USD has no "intrinsic" value, either; in fact, technically, nothing really does, except for what is demanded... and BTC is demanded... so, if all value is extrinsic, BTC's value does not deviate from that, either... so quit trying to set it apart... be honest.
MicroStrategy May 13, 2021 1:36PM ET
Holding my puts, for now... I need them to hedge other things.
Bitcoin May 12, 2021 11:10PM ET
 I'm not so sure, whether he did, or not.  Maybe he did... maybe not.  Pro legal analysists should be making that decision, instead of me... but when the markets seem to swing on his words, it makes me suspicious. I'm not so sure, whether he did, or not.  Maybe he did... maybe not.  Pro legal analysists should be making that decision, instead of me... but when the markets seem to swing on his words, it makes me suspicious.
Bitcoin May 12, 2021 9:22PM ET
^your
Bitcoin May 12, 2021 9:22PM ET
If you are fed up with his games, at you expense, report Elon to the SEC.
U.S. Inflation Surges to 13-Year High of 4.2% May 12, 2021 8:54AM ET
So, you mean to say they printed 22% of USD in circulation, in 2020, but somehow USD inflation's "record", for the past 13 years, is just 4.2%? https://www.somagnews.com/9-trillion-story-22-of-us-dollars-printed-in-2020/
Coinbase Global May 11, 2021 10:54AM ET
That is deceptive. They are proxying through other companies, to give the access to crypto, and to manage the wallets behind the scenes... which companies remains to be seen... but I don't rule it out, that CB could be one of them, eventually. I read that another company is already jockying for that role, but tbh, I think CB would be better qualified, and more trusted. Again: I'm not saying they -will- fill that role, I'm saying I think of it as an eventual possibility.
Bitcoin May 06, 2021 10:08AM ET
Does that mean they moved it onto private wallets, for cold storage?  Or that they bought things with it?
Bitcoin May 06, 2021 12:54AM ET
 It seems so, to me. It seems so, to me.
Bitcoin May 05, 2021 5:52PM ET
Nobody needs your respect, to succeed. https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-btc-coming-to-hundreds-of-us-banks-nydig-cryptocurrency-2021-5-1030391144
Bitcoin May 05, 2021 3:55PM ET
First I've heard of it... but here's an article which states that bitcoin accounts are going to be available through U.S. banks. https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/bitcoin-btc-coming-to-hundreds-of-us-banks-nydig-cryptocurrency-2021-5-1030391144
MicroStrategy May 04, 2021 11:01AM ET
Only safe way I know of, to manage the risk of these expensive options... strangles, iron condors, and verticals...
MicroStrategy May 04, 2021 10:57AM ET
I hope you hedged that with some puts, too, just in case.
US Tech 100 Futures May 04, 2021 9:50AM ET
My, my, my my my.  To hold on to stocks of companies that that Biden raised taxes on?  Or to convert to Democrat Dollars, that he is burning to hyperinflate, with irresponsible spending?  Decisions, decisions.
MicroStrategy May 03, 2021 11:22AM ET
That means MSTR share price literally fell against a definitively rising NAV... Seeking Alpha shows a short interest of 23.84%. Keep an eye on that important number. They are on the hook to buy those shares back.
MicroStrategy May 03, 2021 10:43AM ET
According to Seeking Alpha's numbers, their NAV, alone, increased by $0.2288 BILLION over the past 5 days, on their bitcoin holdings, alone.
Dollar Index Futures Apr 30, 2021 1:35PM ET
 Furthermore, as the number of T Bills racks up, people start having more doubts about the ability of the federal government to repay them... which undermines the USD, itself, as confidence wanes. Furthermore, as the number of T Bills racks up, people start having more doubts about the ability of the federal government to repay them... which undermines the USD, itself, as confidence wanes.