moomoo Inc. offers the moomoo app, which is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows devices. The app is part of Futu Holdings, Inc.
Moomoo Inc. Pros & Cons
- Commission-free stocks, ETFs, and options trading for U.S. markets
- Customizable trading platform with advanced research tools
- Free 24/7 financial news from Dow Jones, Reuters, Bloomberg and more
- Margin Account Does Not Support IRA
- Margin Account Does Not Support Crypto
Who Is Moomoo Inc. Recommended For?
Users of all levels can benefit from moomoo. Both active traders who want a wide range of trading tools and beginner traders who want to learn more about trading will find it useful. This app is especially great for traders on the go, and its mobile compatibility has been one of its strongest suites.
Top Moomoo Inc. Features
- Free Real-Time Level 2 Market Data. One of moomoo’s best features is its free, real-time level-2 market data, refreshing every 0.3 seconds. This data displays US real-time bids and asks price up to 60 levels. The level-2 exchanges are available from major exchanges such as NASDAQ Total View, NYSE Openbook, COBE Direct Edge, and COBE Bats BZX.
- Extended Trading Hours*. With moomoo, you can trade from 4AM to 8PM ET with 24/7 dedicated customer support via phone, live chat and email.
- Visualized Company Financial, Foundamental, Technical, and Capital Data: moomoo visualizes the important indicators to each company. You can easily and quickly understand the overall situation of the stock you like, save your time and effort in the data research process and assist in investment decision-making.
- Smart Research Tools. moomoo’s smart research tools include stock screener, stock compare, institutional tracking, AI forecasts, short-selling data, candlestick pattern, AI monitors, and price alerts.
- 24/7 Financial News. Besides 24/7 financial news from financial publishers like Dow Jones, Reuters, Bloomberg, and more (all for free), the moomoo editorial team also handpicks financial news each day. There is also an aggregated financial calendar that reminds you of major market events and earnings.
- Active Investment Community. moomoo’s investment community is very active with 18 million users worldwide. It offers social media connections, linking traders from all around the world who can share strategies and ideas.
Moomoo Inc. Overview
- Type of Broker Non-Advisory/Executionary Broker
- Regulation & Licensing FINRA & SEC (United States), SFC (Hong Kong) MAS (Singapore) ASIC (Australia)
- Clients Accepted from U.S.
- Assets Offered 11,000+ Assets
- Platforms Availability Windows, Mac
- Mobile Compatibility iOS, Android
- Payment Types Accepted Bank Wire Transfer, ACH
Moomoo Inc. Account Types
Access to global market trading including Hong Kong and China market
Depends on stocks
Commission Per Trade
0 commission for US clients trading in the US market
Copy Trading Support
Moomoo Inc. Compliance & Regulation
Moomoo Financial Inc is a broker-dealer registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and a member in good standing of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC). The moomoo app is part of Futu Holdings Limited.
Moomoo Inc. Pricing
When it comes to commissions, people trading in U.S. stocks, ETFs, ADRs, and options will not be charged a commission fees. However, fees vary for other categories, and Moomoo has an in-depth fee schedule on its website. We’ll give a brief overview below, but you can check the full schedule, under the “Pricing” part of the navigation bar, for more details.
The margin rate is 6.8% for long margin for U.S. stocks. The short margin’s rates vary based on the stocks. Moomoo suggests that you refer to the “daily statement” on the app to find out margin rates.
Fees charged by the SEC and FINRA complies to the two regulatory agencies that govern Moomoo Financial Inc.
Moomoo Inc. Reliability & Security
Moomoo describes its app as “professional, fast, and stable.” Judging from the reviews posted on its website, its users seem to agree. The product is downloadable onto Windows or Mac desktops, and the app is compatible with iOS and Android phones. The downloadable client includes features like the AI Monitor, Advanced Charts and Customized Alerts.
These all help promote as stable a trading environment as possible, providing users with the information they need to make valid trades. The AI Monitor keeps track of market changes in volatile stocks, finding trading opportunities without requiring a manual configuration. Advanced Charts have 63 technical indicators and 38 drawing tools, which help moomoo clients find trends and opportunities for their own investment strategies. Thirdly, customized alerts let clients generate notifications for indicator changes and price movements, allowing moomoo to fully work for them.
Moomoo Inc. User Experience
In addition to the aforementioned features, which help create a positive user experience, moomoo also has pro-level tools, trade notes, and an earnings calendar on its app. Users who are used to sacrificing functionality for a mobile app won’t have to worry about that with moomoo. Its stock selection tools provide an easy way to find stocks, and its trade notes allow traders to track every trade and record all strategies. This function allows clients to continuously learn from their trades, while earnings calendars track account growth. All in all, the feature-heavy nature of moomoo makes it a very user-friendly trading app.
Final Thoughts on Moomoo Inc.
Though moomoo has its cons in addition to its pros, it still is a professional trading app that has a lot to offer. Whether you are a value investor or a technical trader, you can always find the right tools on moomoo for your investment and trading goals.
Moomoo Inc. FAQs
Q: Is Moomoo legit?
A: Yes, Moomoo is a legitimate trading app. It is wholly owned by Nasdaq-listed company Futu Holdings Ltd (FUTU). Moomoo Financial is registered with the SEC and is a member of FINRA.
Q: How do I open an brokerage account?
A: There are a few ways to open an account on moomoo with Moomoo Financial Inc. You can use the link to sign up first, and choose “Open Account” to follow the instructions
Q: What is the app compatible with?
A: Moomoo is compatible with iOS and Android. You can also download moomoo onto your Mac or PC. If you are an Algo trader, you can also find OpenAPI access on its official website.
Q: Does Moomoo Financial Inc. charge commissions?
A: If you’re U.S. residents investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, ADRs, ad options, there are no commission fees. Other fees do apply (see the fee section).
Q: Does Moomoo support paper trading?
A: Yes, for beginners who don’t feel comfortable trading with real money can use Moomoo’s paper-trading with real-time data to simulate the investment experience before going all in.
Disclaimer: The contents of this page or available via this page (""Contents"") are provided by third parties and do not constitute an endorsement by FUSION MEDIA of the Contents or products of such third parties. FUSION MEDIA has no control of the Contents, is not responsible for their accuracy, availability or legality and hereby disclaims any responsibility for the Contents. Any transactions that you enter into with any third party listed in this page or linked from this page are solely between you and such third party and are at your sole risk. Please also refer to our Risk Warning. FUSION MEDIA disclaims any liability for any damage or loss caused in connection with the use of or reliance on any Contents