Breaking News
0
Ad-Free Version. Upgrade your Investing.com experience. Save up to 40% More details

E-Mini: More Bear Days Needed For Bears If A 15% September Correction Is Starting

By Al BrooksStock MarketsSep 13, 2021 09:51AM ET
www.investing.com/analysis/emini-more-bear-days-needed-for-bears-if-a-15-september-correction-is-starting-200601738
E-Mini: More Bear Days Needed For Bears If A 15% September Correction Is Starting
By Al Brooks   |  Sep 13, 2021 09:51AM ET
Saved. See Saved Items.
This article has already been saved in your Saved Items
 

E-mini pre-open market analysis

E-mini daily chart

E-mini bears sold off for 5 days, which is relatively a lot, compared to other pullbacks since the pandemic low. However, next week’s FOMC announcement will be important since that increases the chance of the E-mini starting to go sideways.

The next magnet below is the bottom of the bull channel, which is just a few points below Friday’s low.

September or October should be the high of the year and the start of 15% to 20% correction. There is a 40% chance it has already begun.

There have been many selloffs comparable to this one since the pandemic low. The bulls bought each one, and they will probably buy this one as well. It has been strong enough so that the bulls will probably need a micro double bottom this week before they can get back to a new high. We could see sharp acceleration up to above 4600 before the correction begins, possibly after the Sept. 22 FOMC meeting. If so, that would probably be a blow-off top.

And the next 15% move should be down instead of up.

E-mini 5-minute chart and what to expect today

E-mini was up 30 points in the overnight Globex session. Friday was a sell climax day. About 50% of the selling was likely caused by the gamma effect and option selling firms, and only 50% is from institutions selling stock. The day after a sell climax day has only a 25% chance of being another big bear day. There is a 75% chance of at least a couple hours of sideways to up trading that begins by the end of the 2nd hour.

Magnets above are the 10:15 pm PT lower high (which was the start of the late sell climax), and the 60-minute EMA, the 20-day EMA. They are all between 4470 and 4490, which is where the E-mini will likely open today.

With Friday being a very big day and today opening in the middle of Friday’s range, there is an increased chance of today being an inside day. It will probably mostly overlap Friday’s range, which means it should have a difficult time getting much above Friday’s high or below Friday’s low.

Friday’s E-mini setups

E-mini Bear Trend
E-mini Bear Trend

Here are several reasonable stop entry setups from Friday. I show each buy entry with a green rectangle and each sell entry with a red rectangle. Buyers of both the Brooks Trading Course and Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns have access to a much more detailed explanation of the swing trades for each day (see Online Course/BTC Daily Setups). My goal with these charts is to present an Always In perspective. If a trader was trying to be Always In or nearly Always In a position all day, and he was not currently in the market, these entries would be logical times for him to enter. These therefore are swing entries. It is important to understand that most swing setups do not lead to swing trades. As soon as traders are disappointed, many exit. Those who exit prefer to get out with a small profit (scalp), but often have to exit with a small loss. If the risk is too big for your account, you should wait for trades with less risk or trade an alternative market like the Micro E-mini.

E-Mini: More Bear Days Needed For Bears If A 15% September Correction Is Starting
 

Related Articles

E-Mini: More Bear Days Needed For Bears If A 15% September Correction Is Starting

Add a Comment

Comment Guidelines

We encourage you to use comments to engage with other users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:  

  •            Enrich the conversation, don’t trash it.

  •           Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed. 

  •           Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically. Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user. Racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination will not be tolerated.

  • Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases. Comments that are written in all caps and contain excessive use of symbols will be removed.
  • NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and comments containing links will be removed. Phone numbers, email addresses, links to personal or business websites, Skype/Telegram/WhatsApp etc. addresses (including links to groups) will also be removed; self-promotional material or business-related solicitations or PR (ie, contact me for signals/advice etc.), and/or any other comment that contains personal contact specifcs or advertising will be removed as well. In addition, any of the above-mentioned violations may result in suspension of your account.
  • Doxxing. We do not allow any sharing of private or personal contact or other information about any individual or organization. This will result in immediate suspension of the commentor and his or her account.
  • Don’t monopolize the conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also strongly believe in giving everyone a chance to air their point of view. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
  • Only English comments will be allowed.

Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.

Write your thoughts here
 
Are you sure you want to delete this chart?
 
Post
Post also to:
 
Replace the attached chart with a new chart ?
1000
Your ability to comment is currently suspended due to negative user reports. Your status will be reviewed by our moderators.
Please wait a minute before you try to comment again.
Thanks for your comment. Please note that all comments are pending until approved by our moderators. It may therefore take some time before it appears on our website.
 
Are you sure you want to delete this chart?
 
Post
 
Replace the attached chart with a new chart ?
1000
Your ability to comment is currently suspended due to negative user reports. Your status will be reviewed by our moderators.
Please wait a minute before you try to comment again.
Add Chart to Comment
Confirm Block

Are you sure you want to block %USER_NAME%?

By doing so, you and %USER_NAME% will not be able to see any of each other's Investing.com's posts.

%USER_NAME% was successfully added to your Block List

Since you’ve just unblocked this person, you must wait 48 hours before renewing the block.

Report this comment

I feel that this comment is:

Comment flagged

Thank You!

Your report has been sent to our moderators for review
Disclaimer: Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures) and Forex prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn`t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.

Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.
Continue with Google
or
Sign up with Email